AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Panasonic HDC-SDT750, and between me and the granddaughters, the screen is always full of finger prints and I worry about wiping them off too often.

I have a Belkin "Clear Screen Overlay" on my iPod Touch. It works very well. Does anybody use a clear plastic overlay like this to protect the LCD touch screen monitor on their camcorder?

If you do use one, does it effect the touch responsiveness? And, do you have a brand and source?

Thanks.

Bill

On edit, it has been 3 hours with no replies. Being an impatient sort of person I tried it. With scissors I cut an iPod screen protector and applied it. It looks and works fine. I will no longer fear wiping the screen. These things come in three packs because you are supposed to peel them off and replace them as needed.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Screen-...dp_ob_title_ce

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague /forum/post/20765717

I have a Panasonic HDC-SDT750, and between me and the granddaughters, the screen is always full of finger prints and I worry about wiping them off too often.

I have a Belkin "Clear Screen Overlay" on my iPod Touch. It works very well. Does anybody use a clear plastic overlay like this to protect the LCD touch screen monitor on their camcorder?

If you do use one, does it effect the touch responsiveness? And, do you have a brand and source?

Thanks.

Bill

On edit, it has been 3 hours with no replies. Being an impatient sort of person I tried it. With scissors I cut an iPod screen protector and applied it. It looks and works fine. I will no longer fear wiping the screen. These things come in three packs because you are supposed to peel them off and replace them as needed.

http://www.amazon.com/Belkin-Screen-...dp_ob_title_ce

Canon reccomends NOT using them as they can affect the screen in a negative way and won't recognize inputs.

No idea about other companies.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cebu /forum/post/20767009

Canon reccomends NOT using them as they can affect the screen in a negative way and won't recognize inputs.

No idea about other companies.

Steve,

I'm not having any trouble with inputs. Taps on the screen work as without the protector. It is the same on my iPod.

Bill

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague /forum/post/20768096

Steve,

I'm not having any trouble with inputs. Taps on the screen work as without the protector. It is the same on my iPod.

Bill

That might be ok for Panasonic but my HF G10 clearly states in the manual to not use one. Considering how bad it is without a screen protector I wouldn't want it any less sensitive.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Cebu /forum/post/20769195

That might be ok for Panasonic but my HF G10 clearly states in the manual to not use one. Considering how bad it is without a screen protector I wouldn't want it any less sensitive.

It worked OK on my iPod so I tried it on the camcorder. On my Panny SDT-750 it is the physical buttons bellow the screen that are not as responsive as I would like. I have to press them pretty hard for a response. The screen menus work pretty good.

Bill

·
Registered
1,970 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsprague /forum/post/20769966

It worked OK on my iPod so I tried it on the camcorder. On my Panny SDT-750 it is the physical buttons bellow the screen that are not as responsive as I would like. I have to press them pretty hard for a response. The screen menus work pretty good.

Bill

The Panny might be ok but the Canon is tough to move with even your finger. As I said I would not want it any less responsive than it already is.

I doubt very much the LCD screen will wear out anytime soon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.