AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered the diva 6.1/R3/C3 package with a CD I bought last year which finally matured. I have been wanting to order these speakers for a long while. Anyways, I am only 19 and all of my money already goes towards home theaterand hi-fi. My girlfriend is already concerned that when we get older we are going to go broke from me buying home theater stuff. Oh well. Anyway, next Tuesday (I hope) will be a great day when the Divas arrive. Now I only have to figure out how to tell my parents I spent 2 grand on speakers before that 350 lbs of joy lands in my driveway.

·
Registered
2,188 Posts
Look at it this way, you are 19 now, and by the time you get tired of them, you'll be 39.

BTW, my 15 year old daughter is a proud Diva owner.

Have fun,

·
Registered
372 Posts
well, I bought my first speaker when I was 17 which is a BOSE.

When I reached 19, I decided to go with Martin Logans, Krell and Theta for Home Theatre

2 years later I upgraded all my speakers to full Wilson Audio

My ex-girlfriend had always complaint about it.. but there is nothing that will stop me from buying them...

After a while she got fed up and we broke up...

Well sometimes you have to sacrifice something important for your hobby...

DON'T worry there are still a lot of girls outhere... Enjoy yourself first then worry about commitment later.. may be after you are 27

Now I am 22 and building my High-End system is still my priority.. and looking forward to buy a Ferrari before comiiting myself to someone!!

Good luck

Mario

·
Registered
674 Posts
I'm 18, and have some M-200's.

Ask the multimedia crowd, there are some YOUNGIN'S in some other forums (Sharkyforums, anyone? Hardforum?) With the Swan M-200's...

and THEN There are are all of the low end Swan speakers in China... woo... if you check out dulcet.com, you see some pretty normal looking multimedia speakers, im sure those go to a young crowd.

·
Registered
860 Posts
Hey Glue, are you using the m200's as computer speakers? I ask, because was was thinking about adding them to my gaming rig, but don't know if it is worth the money.

·
Registered
674 Posts
To your gaming rig? You'd need at least 4.1 speakers. What's your sound card? One single volume control is generally desireable, too... The m-200's are KICKASS if you dont have room for rear speakers tho

·
Registered
488 Posts

After a while she got fed up and we broke up...

cudos, might as well find the weakest link while the relationship is young. :)

--i.e., you don't want *those* petty problems anyway, life is hard enough. :)

on the flip-side, my mom might be the oldest diva owner at 65??

i caught her *cranking* her tunes one day after i got her the speakers. -- it was like busting a teenager "air-guitaring"! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.