AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All, My first time posting here. I've been racking my brain on the best way to set up speakers in my space (see pictures and rough draft of layout. I understand it isn;t the "ideal" layout for a traditional home theater - but I wonder if I can do anything to improve the sound quality. Speakers are Paradigm, TV Sharp 70" Aquous Q+, Reciever Yamaha RX-A1010, OPPO Blu-Ray

Note: As you can see I decided to remove the speakers from the wall behind the couch and place them behind the couch firing upward. I did this when I installed the ceiling speakers. I'm happy with the sound quality overall - I think i need to place them on a stand to get them higher up off the floor.

Note 2: The reason I have the speakers placed the way I do - Wife factor. If I had it my way I'd have a projector and a screen etc... But I have to keep it kinda clean and uncluttered.

Challenges: As you can see I don;t have a wall to mount side speakers. I'm not sure how to handle that problem

Future: I'm going to purchase the Yamaha RX-A2040 to get more channels and Atmos - the reason I installed the ceiling speakers.

:eek::eek::eek: Oh - And can you guess the movie playing on the TV? LOL One of my all time favorites!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Should of asked for our approval before mounting the ceiling atmos speakers :)

P.S you also need a Logitech Harmony remote or similar.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
@NODES I actually have a Harmony Remote. No feedback though?
I have been in this same dilemma a few years ago, so I mounted the TV above the fireplace and the L R speakers on either side of it.

This of course does not help in your case when it comes to the rears backs or surrounds.

Looking at your room and the couch it looks like your set up the best possible way. Can you take a picture from the kitchen to get the whole picture of the room?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts