AVS Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm terribly addicted to this game even with only 1 track available. Just wondering what kind of times people are able to put up.

My best is 4:46.13 with the stadium truck, while I'm sure it's not the fastest, it took some tries to get it. The first half of that first lap is crucial.

This game is a blast!

·
Registered
16,923 Posts
My best is around 4:38 but I heard somebody on another board claim they did it in under 4 minutes , just not sure how or if that is even possible .

-------- Jason

·
Registered
179 Posts
I just realized last night that you can play this game with the SIXAXIS motion, not just the controller sticks. Holy S! While extremely sensitive, it was just HUGELY fun! I thought it was a very immersive way to control the car/bike, instead of just the sticks. Great feature!

But because of this, my time's crap...won't even post it

·
Registered
63 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGamePimp /forum/post/0

I heard somebody on another board claim they did it in under 4 minutes , just not sure how or if that is even possible .

-------- Jason

I honestly don't see how it could be done in under 4 minutes. I'm not saying that it's untrue, I just don't see how it's possible. I would love to see that done to see what tricks they're using.

Anyway, my best was last night. Finished in 4:40.37 with the Castro truck, no crashes.

Wow, I love this demo, can't wait for the U.S. version. I'm just disappointed that it won't have offline multiplayer. I was really looking forward to playing it with friends in my living room.

·
Registered
671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Seems like the helicopter shorcut actually slows me down. Has anyone found a useful strategy there?

·
Registered
861 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nino1919 /forum/post/0

There will be offline multiplayer, i will try to find the link to it.

Split screen requires more power out of the systems. The developers said that adding split screen would compromise the appearance/FPS of the game. They may still decide to add it, but that will probably be later when they are more familiar with the PS3.

From article:
Quote:
Does Evolution have any plans (even at this late stage) to implement any split-screen options in the US/PAL versions of MotorStorm?

[From: Anthony N Putson]

MS: Rally Evolved dropped split-screen and we'll probably leave it that way for MotorStorm unless we get an overwhelming demand. Splitting all that high-def detail into two is a performance nightmare. However, the beauty of online consoles is that the game can change in the future and we can sit down with SCEE and say, Let's offer this for download - the fans want it'.

SK: Split-screen racing requires compromised visual/aural fidelity to accommodate multiple simultaneous views of the environment. For our PlayStation 3 debut, we elected to spend our entire processing/rendering budget on a single view, relying on the more compelling online experience to provide multiplayer thrills...

To what extent is a console maker (in this case, Sony) involve

·
Registered
71 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmukalian /forum/post/0

I just realized last night that you can play this game with the SIXAXIS motion, not just the controller sticks. Holy S! While extremely sensitive, it was just HUGELY fun! I thought it was a very immersive way to control the car/bike, instead of just the sticks. Great feature!

But because of this, my time's crap...won't even post it

Is there a way to turn the SIXAXIS on and off? I tried tilting the controler in all directions, and nothing seemed to happen...

·
Registered
343 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Signal1hundred /forum/post/0

Is there a way to turn the SIXAXIS on and off? I tried tilting the controler in all directions, and nothing seemed to happen...

Hit the start button during the race to bring up an option menu that will allow you to turn off/on the control. Personally, I find the SIXAXIS offers more control and is much more immersive for the truck, but too twitchy for the bike.

-B

·
Registered
93 Posts
I just did a 4:36:26 no crashing. But it's more fun to hang with the pack, make em crash, crash yourself a few times, then pull a first place in the end.

Didn't know about the helicopter shortcut or trick. I can see it on the right side after the first ramp before turning left. Is that the same helicopter? What's the trick?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.