4. John Williams

5. Jerry Goldsmith

6. John Barry

7. Maurice Jarre

8. Jan Hammer

9. James Horner

10 Brad Fiedel

That's my 10 of each please list yours TIA

Moderator: all composers are of music of movies on DVD disc software available or OOP. :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
I think soundtracks/scores for me have to be listenable outside of the film. This is where composers like Brad Fiedel do not work for me.

For me, some off the top of my head:

Hans Zimmer - Thin Red Line

Basil Poledouris - Conan the Barbarian, Robocop

Joe Hisashi - Princess Mononoke

John Williams - The Empire Strikes Back

T.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Tony Brad Fiedel had a tune from the movie on disc "Fright Night". Song I Liked was called "Come To Me" Movie Starred Chris Sarandon, Roddy McDowell and other unknowns. The scene was Chis and Brewsters girlfriend were dancing at the night club where Charlie Brewster and girl friend were trying to get away for Sarandons character of a vampire. Music was sultry as hypnotized teenage girl was falling under the influence, of the vampire/hypnotist that Chris Sarandon was playing. I love to hear that tune best from entire Fright Night soundtrack!

Tony I respect your own choice of music, if we didn't differ the world would be a dull place. The others for their own type of music. One I didn't list that I play a lot is "Somewhere In Time" unlike the movie this soundtrack is in dolby surround and is pleasing to the ears. CYA :)

·
Registered
830 Posts
When you say 'Fiedel' I think of Arnie's movies like Terminator 2. AFAIK and thru my experience, most of his tracks are like this.

Sad to say, I tend to like tracks like most people, John Williams and most of his work, James Horner, Jerry Goldsmith, Alexander Courage... although sometimes people like Hans Zimmer can piss me off with a generally lazy composing effort like Gladiator.

I also tend to like some TV music like bits of West Wing and the sci-fi oriented TV like Babylon5 and Outer Limits.

T.

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tony I wholeheartedly aggree with you on that one. To keep this type of post on dvd disc software forum I have to show the moderator(s) that this is DVD disc software related thread reponses.

I have been bending over backwards not to go on rants of off topic like I used to do. My threads are being responded more because of my constant effort to stay on the subject.

To put the O/T (Off Topic) on anything else I want to put on, so if the AVS member only wants to read on topic material, he or she may do so.:)

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
In no particular order 1. Erich Wolfgang Korngold, The Adventures of Robin Hood 2. Alfred Newman, Captian from Castile 3. Miklos Rozsa, Ben-Hur 4. Elmer Bernstein, The Magnificent Seven 5. Max Steiner, King Kong 6. Hugo Freidhofer, The Best Years of Our Lives 7.Mario Noscimbene, The Vikings 8. Hans Zimmer, The Thin Red Line 9. James Horner, Glory 10. Dimitri Tiomkin, Red River

·
Registered
4,836 Posts
1. Superman (John Williams)

2. Basic Instinct (Jerry Goldsmith)

3. Glory (James Horner)

4. Alien (Jerry Goldsmith)

5. Jade (James Horner)

6. Poltergeist (John Williams)

7. Innerspace (Jerry Goldsmith)

8. The Natural (Randy Newman)

9. Witches of Eastwick (John Williams)

10. Close Encounters of the 3rd Kind (John Williams)

Frank

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I see you listed James Horner only to the movie Jade. I don't have the soundtrack as it's not for sale partly due to the fact that it wasn't all written by James Horner. Song writer and performer Loreena McKennett (Magic in the Mirror CD has the song) did the Mystics Dream heard in variations through out "Jade" 1995 played by Linda Fiorintino, leading man David Caruso, with Chaz Palminteri, Richard Crenna and others.

O/T David Raskins did this same thing with the 1944 movie "Laura". I have his 23 minutes of theme, and David's variations. Played by Gene Tierney and lead male Dana Andrews. The other movie sound track on this same CD is "Jane Eyre". :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.