AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are shootouts, shootdowns, and countless threads comparing features and quality among various progressive scan DVD players.

Now's the time to cast your vote for your favorite all-around player from the list of six. I know I missed lots of players, but I could only pick six, so I apologize if your favorite isn't listed.

This poll is actually for my benefit also, since I haven't used any of the players in the list and am trying to decide which one to buy for use with my Mitsubishi 55907.

Have fun!

Roddie

·
Registered
183 Posts
you read this thread and not put the skyworth dvd 1050p????

that is the best one... everyone knows.

Harlan

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
Voted for the RP91k, cause its the one I have.:D

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Harlan
you read this thread and not put the skyworth dvd 1050p????

that is the best one... everyone knows.

Harlan
Excuse me, but the fact remains the Pioneer DV-434 is the undisputed champion of progressive scan DVD players! This player is SOOOOOO good, it doesn't even NEED a film detection mode! ;)

(Just kidding guys.... :))

Peace.......

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Excuse me, but the fact remains the Pioneer DV-434 is the undisputed champion of progressive scan DVD players!
Haha - Cute..

Funny enough, when I first started considering a Progressive Scan DVD player I figured I'd go with a Pioneer because my interlaced DVD-C302D has been so good to me.

And then I saw this:

"This is a terrible, terrible progressive player (in our opinion). It's a perfect example of a product designed by marketing, trying to snag people who've heard that progressive players are better. In this case, that turns out to be untrue. It has no film mode at all, and it doesn't even have motion adaptive deinterlacing. An interlaced player would be a significant improvement over the DV-434 on almost any TV. Avoid this player!"

That said it all..

·
Registered
183 Posts
a lot of people here love skyworth!

don't make a poll without adding all the players people love.

otherwise rename the poll: "which proscan dvd player should i buy?"

hbomb

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
a lot of people here love skyworth!

don't make a poll without adding all the players people love.
*sigh*

I really thought that this...

Quote:
I know I missed lots of players, but I could only pick six, so I apologize if your favorite isn't listed.
...would've been enough of a disclaimer, but I guess not.

I was limited to a selection of 6, so I picked the ones that I had seen spoken about in a few popular threads including the two that I was debating between.

I don't doubt that you and a lot of others love the Skyworth, the only other thing I could've done would be to replace the Sony with "Other"...

Roddie

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by roddie

Haha - Cute..

Funny enough, when I first started considering a Progressive Scan DVD player I figured I'd go with a Pioneer because my interlaced DVD-C302D has been so good to me.

And then I saw this:

"This is a terrible, terrible progressive player (in our opinion). It's a perfect example of a product designed by marketing, trying to snag people who've heard that progressive players are better. In this case, that turns out to be untrue. It has no film mode at all, and it doesn't even have motion adaptive deinterlacing. An interlaced player would be a significant improvement over the DV-434 on almost any TV. Avoid this player!"

That said it all..
Well, I'm most certainly glad you did NOT get the DV-434. Again, that was PURELY a joke in my other post.

The Pioneer Elite progressive players are at least "real" progressive players, if not the best progressive players. If shopping for a progressive player mainly by price, then stay away from Pioneer...... :)

Peace.....

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by sspears
While I have not verified it, I have heard there is an "Elite" version of the 434.
What? You've got to be kidding..... Say it isn't so!!!!! :( I wonder why they would do something like that when they already have the DV-37 and DV-38a, which are "real" progressive players.....

Hmmm....

Thanks for the info!

Peace....

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey Tomdkat,

why don't you give the "peace thing" a rest. a lot of us here on the east coast aren't ready for peace as of yet. Maybe you should go over and hold Richard Geer's hand for a while; I'm sure he's still emotionally devastated from the response he got during last Saturday evening's fund raiser here in NYC. :eek:

Anyway, the RP-91 gets my vote.

Cheers,

Tina

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I'm sorry I can't participate because when I ran this progressive against my Sony interlaced changer, I couldn't see any difference. Now in the closet back in the box it came in as a standby, should one of my changers go out. Until I can get another changer as a replacement I would use the RC6000P. You remember that this progressive DVD was the 'free' rebate of my purchasing a new RCA HDTV.

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Roddie,

Why did you leave the $1200 Kenwood DV-5700, the $5000 EAD with Faroudja option, and $8000 Krell Standard DVD players off the list?

All three (3) of these players use BOTH Sage/Faroudja chips and I may like all three of them and may be able to actually afford the DV-5700.

Your poll wasn't for what you like AND can afford - only for what you like.

(All of the above is just kidding!)

Isn't this HT stuff fun????

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Phil,

Quote:
Why did you leave the $1200 Kenwood DV-5700, the $5000 EAD with Faroudja option, and $8000 Krell Standard DVD players off the list?
With all due respect, I didn't want to include any Fisher Price players, only quality! :D :D :D :D

Many grins for those who can't see the humor.

Roddie

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.