AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So im real bored cuz I just moved and am waiting on more roomies to split the verizon bill with, so no xbox live. I started playing Mass effect again, and a year after beating it and playing the save + file is a blast, love that game. Anyways, don't make me cry with how awesome the new dashboard update is, just brag about your best moves in halo, funny COD stories, i dont care what games, just quench my thirst. I miss my multiplayer!

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
so this one time on xbox we were playing 3 vs 3 all friends. in chinatown.

The oppossing team holed up in thie one room on the second floor.

My teammates kept jumping over to there balcony and getting slaurtghed.

So I threw a smoke gernade in.

They all though I was going to go in during the smoke and started opening fire. I waited untill in sounded like they were out of ammo, jumped over(smoke still thick) and lay waste to them alll with gernade launcher.

Oh the game was Solider of Fortune something or other.

·
Registered
8,199 Posts
hahahaha that must have been balls

I love playing NHL 09 with a team and your whole team quits so it's just you. Then the other team forgets that now since your the only one left, you can hear them in chat and they start calling out what they are going to do and you slaughter them with their own information.

ahhhh that never gets old.

·
Registered
3,000 Posts
In a random public match of "Gears of War 2" (Horde mode), there was a relatively young child on my team who just kept running his mouth off. You know, the usual, about how I should let him get the ammo boxes, how he's really good at the game, why I should stand in such and such a location, etc. Of course, while he was saying all this, he was playing like crap. I told him I was going to stop picking his sorry hide up off the floor when he got downed if he didn't shut up, but no, all that did was to focus his attentions on me.

Eventually, I got the inevitable, "How old are you?" question, to which I replied, "Older than you", but he countered by stating that he was 50 years old (!!). I explained to him that being 50 would likely make him older than his own father, which confused him long enough ("Wha?") for him to get downed again. And this time, I (and the other players on the team) let the Locust finish him.

Not that exciting, I know, but that's a typical Xbox Live story.

·
Registered
6,992 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiskey > work /forum/post/16991245

Someone showed their nuts to my ex gf in uno using the camera. Not fun, but of note

Sorry about that.

I don't have many exciting stories that aren't the typical "playing with a 12 year old" stuff. I forgot to mute my mic once when I went to take a leak. Everyone that that was fun.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Everytime on Bog in COD4, I'll sit up on the center hill with a scilenced G3 and damn near go 25-3 or better. Peolpe get pissed then when I tell them that I've been sniping with iron sites that really gets them agry. I semi retired COD4 because for the most part, I just dominate. Not bragging becasue I have no problem in saying I SUCK in maps where I cant respawn, but in hardcore....game over. Came into lots of games where my team has been losing and then I turn the tide and mop the floor. I cant wait for MW2. I need new challenges. I cant rememer any one funny or awsome story, but one guy on my freinds list goes way back to Ghost Recon 2 and he and I have became friends over the years, eventhough he lives halfway across the country, he still made it to my birthday party.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
I was playing with some friends when my girlfriend decided to tell me a long story. After yes'ing her for a couple minutes, she says 'You weren't paying attention to a word I just said'. I reply 'I just listened to your whole $#%&&*@ story'.

All I heard was chuckling in my ear, and then she says 'your mic isn't even muted'.

Luckily she has a good sense of humor.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Playing Halo, some guy on my team, and I emphasize guy because it was not a young kid, got pissed because I picked up the sword. He didn't ask if he could have it, instead he demanded it. I told him I'm sure I would be dead fairly soon so just follow me and he could have it. I start to move and get team killed from behind by this a$$hat. So of course my mission now is to kill him right back and take my sword.

I find him and take him out. Thank you for my sword. This fires him up and he starts cursing me. He obviously doesn't get the fact that he just did this to me. Well, he doesn't give up and again comes up to me. He starts asking for the sword again. Again I say no. So he starts threatening me that he is going to kill me again and take the sword. "You want me to kill you cause I'll do it" I said "go ahead a$$hole, I will just boot you from the game", knowing that this would be the 2nd time he killed me. Sure enough he kills me and up pops the little message to hit "x" to boot him. Bye Bye, "click"!

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myrtledog /forum/post/16993337

Playing Halo, some guy on my team, and I emphasize guy because it was not a young kid, got pissed because I picked up the sword.

Yeah, Halo seems to frequently incite "weapon envy". From the guy on your own teams cursing you out because he wants your weapon, to the 8 year old kid screaming "I call sniper!".

I have something of a funny story related to that, actually... A friend and I were playing Halo split screen, but online against other folks. My friend had the sword, but wound up getting killed. As the player from the other team grabbed the weapon, over the speakers, you could hearly clear a very nerdy- sounding white guy exclaiming, "I'll take that sword, *****!". Hilarious, considering the source, and considering it wasn't just random obscenity or racial slurs as it often is.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
listening to my brother get verbally abused in Halo 3 by some stupid kids. Doing nothing to come to his defense.

listening to my 5 yr old son trash talk his older cousin whilst playing halo wars the other night. He was getting so obnoxious that i had to tell him to cool it. i was worried he was going to irritate his cousin so bad he left. In tru n00b fashion, he trash talked horribly, then lost badly.

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Actually just thought of another. Might be my proudest moment on the Xbox. I was playing PGR and it was the Nurburgring (sp?) track. We start off down the straight and this idiot just takes me out into the wall. He laughs, calls me something which I forget now but was some curse and he's gone. I'm always silent on my mic but this totally pissed me off. I tell him what a pu$$y move that was and he better hope I don't catch him after that because he would really suck if he totally takes me out and still can't beat me.

It must have been the anger but I probably drove the best race I have ever done on that track. It was great because everyone in the room must have had their mics in and knew who the blow up was between. They all made sure I had plenty of room to pass them when I got close. I think they all wanted to see me catch him. I kept telling this ****** how I was doing and was getting closer and closer. Sure enough I could finally see him and was getting closer with his every mistake. I finally over took him right after the 2nd bank turn. I bitched him out the entire rest of the race as he tried in vain to take out the back end of my car.

Even thinking about it years later puts a smile on my face. I love it when D-Bags/cheaters/scum fail!

·
Registered
688 Posts
This happend a pretty longtime ago about 6 months after chrome hounds came out.

I was playing some death match in chrome hounds and a punk kids starts shooting off his mouth about how he is the best ever and how nazis rule...blah blah blah. So me and this other guy in the match make it our mission to mop the floor with this kid. Which we did. Totally obliterated the kid a few times and he finally left in much shame.

So we were standing there talking, chuckling about that, and he tells me I have a nice mech and he plans to build one like it after the match.(Sniper Cannon artilery Mech) I see on his mech he has a little wolverine patch on it. I was like nice patch on your mech arm. He was like yeah I'm a huge University of Michigan fan. I was like 'oh really' I live in Columbus. Then we stare at each other for a moment and I hear over the mic 'So you are the true enemy'. Instantly we start gunning at each other and spent the rest of the match trying to shoot each other down.

(Your right he said University of Michigan not Michigan State Slordak )

·
Registered
3,000 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spinoza_43221 /forum/post/16993591

(...) I see on his mech he has a little wolverine patch on it. I was like nice patch on your mech arm. He was like yeah I'm a huge Michigan State fan. I was like 'oh really' I live in Columbus. (...)

Yeah I don't mean to spoil your story, but the Wolverines are associated with the University of Michigan. Michigan State employs a large piece of crap named "Sparty" as their mascot (for the MSU Spartans).

·
Registered
6,150 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronn /forum/post/16993783

was playing cod4 modern warfare. then cod5 world at war came out. i kept playing cod4 modern warfare. true story

LOL! Dude, I came here to say the same thing and post this

COD4 is still the most fun because of the people playing it, not because of the game...well, ok, the game is pretty sweet too.

let's see....

had a dance off in Ambush

had a no running knifing party in shipment

toobed around in shipment

head shots snipers in shipment

have karaoke night almost nightly

met a couple of AVS CODers (tronn and Hoosier)

received a wedding present from the COD4 brothers (astros baby!)

made a couple of Facebook friends from AVS/COD4

these guys have been there when I go apesh*t killing folk as well as when I play disinterestedly and get slaughtered.

I've been with those guys to back them up when people start shyt with them (calling people out because they had a bad round, got lucky a few times, generaly malicious commentary coming from the same or other teams) and I've also started shyt with randoms who are cheaters and they back my shyt talking up as well (especially when I call out the glitchers)

family

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.