AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Currently I have Panasonic NV-GS 47 (I got it about 5 years ago)

I'm looking to upgrade and can't really decide what model will be best for me (there are a HUGE number of models).

I need it for family use, but I'd like to get the quality one and with good color accuracy.

I though about sony cx130/160/260.

Which one is best of these 3? Should I pay more to get cx260?

Can you suggest additional/better camcorders?

Thanks,

Alex

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yavne  /t/1421576/your-help-with-choosing-camcorder#post_22244979

Hi,

Currently I have Panasonic NV-GS 47 (I got it about 5 years ago)

I'm looking to upgrade and can't really decide what model will be best for me (there are a HUGE number of models).

I need it for family use, but I'd like to get the quality one and with good color accuracy.

I though about sony cx130/160/260.

Which one is best of these 3? Should I pay more to get cx260?

Can you suggest additional/better camcorders?

Thanks,

Alex

Alex - you'll get a higher resolution sensor for a better picture and a mic input for better sound with the CX260 . Here is a side-by-side comparison with the CX130 : http://camcorder-test.slashcam.com/compare-1a234a511e7b6e8c7f77de12406ca522.html

But at the CX260 's price point, I would recommend the slightly less expensive Panasonic HC-V700 , which I have included in the side-by-side comparison. It has a larger sensor and a built-in movie light for better images in low light. It also gives you manual audio level control and more manual control of video too. There are other cameras out there that are even "better" (better pictures in low light, better image stabilization, built-in headphone jacks and viewfinders, etc), but they cost more money. Sometimes a lot more money

Hope this is helpful,

Bill

Hybrid Camera Revolution

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks brunerww,

I had no so good experience with my old Panasonic, so...

Is the additional $70-$100 will do the quality difference?

I mean if I'll shoot with cx130 or cx260 or v700, will I see the difference?

I understand the sky is the limit
I'm looking best option for about $500 budget.

Thanks again,

Alex

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi

brunerww, thanks for the links :)

Just a question, the comparion page shows V707 model instead of V700, are they the same? I can't find V707 here in my country :-(

Thanks a lot!

Mikel

·
Registered
1,121 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikelsen  /t/1421576/your-help-with-choosing-camcorder#post_22245963

Hi

brunerww, thanks for the links :)

Just a question, the comparion page shows V707 model instead of V700, are they the same? I can't find V707 here in my country :-(

Thanks a lot!

Mikel

Hi Mikel - it is the same camera. The V707 is the German version .

Cheers,

Bill
Hybrid Camera Revolution

1 - 7 of 7 Posts