AVS Forum banner

61 - 80 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
@WilliamR
Why would they watch the video of that night he showed up?
IMO is seems that someone should be watching the security cameras . . .
anybody just wandering in and out could just leave a "device" . .
it's not all bluebirds and roses out there . . .
OTOH
the ambivalence / side-eye skepticism for the main characters, the hint of a greater mix of enemies all playing each other may generate some non-standard off the wall epic confrontations-
I don't want to see see anything that looks mailed in . .
happily spoiled by BB and BCS and soured on too much else

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #62
So lets say someone is watching the footage. They see someone come in wait around, not get waited on, and then leave. Do you think they would come out and say stop where you going, why are you here? You are allowed to walk in and such. I don't think they would make a big deal of it an depending on where the cameras were at and such, who knows if they could even see his face, even though that wouldn't matter either. If someone is watching, there is probably a lot of activity to act on everything or to remember everything.

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #63
Really enjoying this. But can someone remind me, the lady the son was sleeping with in the first episode, that is his teacher right?

The only thing starting to grate on me is the kid's weird behavior and refusal to go along with certain stuff and continuing to get things wrong when talking to people. Maybe the two of them should sit down and get all their stories straight. Plus if he wants to document things, act that weird, doesn't want to do it, go turn yourself in. If not, buck it up and go along with the plan. Sure I have never ran someone over and killed them so I don't know what he is going through mentally but he really does not seem on board with the plan.

Got a kick out of how things spiraled out of control. Not just an innocent in jail, now the mob is considering an all out war with a gang. Things sure are escalating quickly.

·
Registered
17,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
‘Your Honor’: Fifth Episode Of Bryan Cranston’s Legal Drama To Get Early Release On Showtime

Happy New Year from Showtime. The premium cabler will offer the fifth episode of the Bryan Cranston legal thriller drama series Your Honor early for streaming and on-demand on Thursday, December 31, ahead of its linear premiere on Sunday, January 3 (10 PM). The episode will be available on Showtime and across all Showtime partner platforms.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
I hate the judge and his son. Notice how carefully they try to make them sympathetic - the judge is a saint who pardons people. The son is a sick weakling we're supposed to feel sorry for.

In fact the judge is a scheming liar who acts like he cares for people but when it comes down to it, is a hypocrite. And the son is an entitled rich white kid criminal who murdered someone, then lied, concealed and destroyed evidence, and is now lying even more. And what the hell is with him banging his hot teacher? She's the girl from ep1 right? So once again they try to show he's so desirable and so smart.

But the black guy got what was coming to him right? all blacks are criminals! He sure deserved getting tortured by the police, because he was a gang member.

Am I really supposed to root for the main characters at this point. They couldn't be more unlikeable.
I am not seeing it this way, almost at all.

The judge does actually seem sympathetic to me, and he does in fact generally seem like a nice guy, who did some bad things to protect his son.

The son "murdered someone" ... is pushing it some, but he did kill someone. It was an accident to begin with, and then he didn't call 911. All of the writing is suggesting to me that the torture of the black kid was not at all "deserved". I am just not seeing what you are in this so far. I guess it's just perspective.

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
my expectation is similar to discussions wrt Kim Wexler and Nacho (and his Dad). in BCS
Not so much as to what could happen,- that's an easy way out-
What do they disserve as "logical" (?) consequences?
(insert 2020 political rant here about -everything)
keep one eye on the "story" as it unfolds , the eye candy of the action, etc.
but hopefully get a deeper satisfaction for epic theater

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
I am not seeing it this way, almost at all.

The judge does actually seem sympathetic to me, and he does in fact generally seem like a nice guy, who did some bad things to protect his son.

The son "murdered someone" ... is pushing it some, but he did kill someone. It was an accident to begin with, and then he didn't call 911. All of the writing is suggesting to me that the torture of the black kid was not at all "deserved". I am just not seeing what you are in this so far. I guess it's just perspective.
IANAL, but what the kid did would at least be manslaughter Its not really an accident in the sense that its unavoidable - he hit someone while driving without paying attention, there are no extenuating circumstances, its no different than checking your phone and not looking at the road.

Then he didn't call for help and left a kid to die, and then he destroyed evidence. And then he lied about it multiple times. That certainly would elevate the charge and guarantee a guilty verdict.

The judge is covering up for his son and has committed multiple felonies in the act. The fact that he's scared of what the mafia boss will do is irrelevant, he's lying and covering up and caused an innocent person to be convicted, again his feeble efforts to help Kofi are irrelevant to whether or not he's guilty.

I fail to see how either of them are sympathetic in any way.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
IANAL, but what the kid did would at least be manslaughter Its not really an accident in the sense that its unavoidable - he hit someone while driving without paying attention, there are no extenuating circumstances, its no different than checking your phone and not looking at the road..
Wait, what? He was having an asthma attack, couldn’t breathe, dropped his inhaler or something, and was reaching for it when the crash happened. It was an accident.

And again, just because the judge did some bad things to try to help his son, that doesn’t necessarily make him unsympathetic to me. It had awful consequences for sure though.

·
Premium Member
35,556 Posts
Adam could have just pulled the car over, stopped, and got his inhaler. He didn't, he continued to drive while fumbling around for his inhaler and ended up killing someone.

·
Registered
230 Posts
There was more to it that has not been explained as of yet. He took a picture of his mother to a place where perhaps she was killed? And then drove back by and it had been destroyed. He may have even been walking at the time he saw this. This all contributed to him being in a bad place mentally and to his asthma attack. Yes, he could and should have just pulled the car over. And by no means should he have left or destroyed evidence. But there is more to the story, I believe, that we have yet to learn.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Adam could have just pulled the car over, stopped, and got his inhaler. He didn't, he continued to drive while fumbling around for his inhaler and ended up killing someone.
Maybe. I think he was also being chased by another car at the time too? Or at least he thought he was.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Exactly. If you are driving and get an urgent phone call, or distracted for whatever reason, thats no excuse at all.

Plus he was far away from the gang who scared him to begin with. He's just a moron, as w've seen plenty of times, with zero sense or responsibility. But he does know enough to not call 911 to save a dying person, to destroy evidence - which shows his true character and makes him a criminal.

You might think its an accident, no court or jury will.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Maybe. I think he was also being chased by another car at the time too? Or at least he thought he was.
And? Its just a car with zero threat to him. IF he was being shot at and scared for his life, then maybe you have a case. Just because he's a paranoid moron doesn't excuse his actions.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
And? Its just a car with zero threat to him. IF he was being shot at and scared for his life, then maybe you have a case. Just because he's a paranoid moron doesn't excuse his actions.
While I respect your opinion, we’ll have to agree to disagree then I guess.

He was being chased by people he thought were going to harm him, he was having an asthma attack, and he was reaching for his inhaler. We don’t even know anything else about it. Did he swerve? Was the motorcycle in the wrong lane? Was it going 100mph? Did it run a stop sign? The show never told us much, so given all of it, I still felt it seemed like an accident. Of course, everything he did after it was bad/wrong.

But as I said, looks like we’ll have to agree to disagree.

·
Premium Member
35,556 Posts
The way the story is being told, more details about what we've already been shown change the story as they're provided to the viewer, is reminiscent of "The Night Of" and it's to be expected as the creator of that show is the same as on "Your Honor", Peter Moffat. Same storytelling technique, you don't really know what happened until the very end, and even then there's still doubt, I expect this show will end similarly. I'm certainly enjoying it.

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
The way the story is being told, more details about what we've already been shown change the story as they're provided to the viewer, is reminiscent of "The Night Of" and it's to be expected as the creator of that show is the same as on "Your Honor", Peter Moffat. Same storytelling technique, you don't really know what happened until the very end, and even then there's still doubt, I expect this show will end similarly. I'm certainly enjoying it.
Yup. Seems that way.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Maybe. Another recent show, The Undoing, was like this too, everyone expected some big revelations or twists near the end and nothing of the sort happened.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Watching ep4 now.

Adam has no control of his temper, attacks classmate. Once again gets out of trouble because he knows powerful people. After causing a fatal death due to his stupidity when driving, he takes off his seatbelt while driving with his grandmother and distracts her.

Arrogant piece of **** who killed someone, caused another innocent kid to die, and refuses to listen to his dad who's doing everything to save his life, because he's a teenager and the world must revolve around him.

His dad says an innocent Kofi dying has nothing to do with them.

They are both guilty as hell and Adam is one of the most unlikeable characters ever.

It really doesn't matter what other surprises are there or twists - based on the facts shown both are guilty as hell and belong in prison or worse.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Surely the whole point of the show is that Adam was actually going to hand himself in and take the consequences for his actions... but then his dad realises that he won't face justice, he'll simply end up being murdered by Jimmy Baxter or one of his people. And because he didn't end up handing himself in, just about everything's going down the tubes for everyone involved.

Episode 5 was the best yet, IMO, and the show is one of the best on TV at the moment - even if Cranston's character is very reminiscent of Walter White at times.

61 - 80 of 92 Posts