AVS Forum banner

81 - 92 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Watching ep4 now.

Adam has no control of his temper, attacks classmate. Once again gets out of trouble because he knows powerful people. After causing a fatal death due to his stupidity when driving, he takes off his seatbelt while driving with his grandmother and distracts her.

Arrogant piece of **** who killed someone, caused another innocent kid to die, and refuses to listen to his dad who's doing everything to save his life, because he's a teenager and the world must revolve around him.

His dad says an innocent Kofi dying has nothing to do with them.

They are both guilty as hell and Adam is one of the most unlikeable characters ever.

It really doesn't matter what other surprises are there or twists - based on the facts shown both are guilty as hell and belong in prison or worse.
Are you watching the same show? I find the kid annoying too, but you’re acting like he deliberately murdered someone and is just shrugging it off like it’s nothing. Obviously the guilt is eating him up inside and he just wants to come clean.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
Are you watching the same show? I find the kid annoying too, but you’re acting like he deliberately murdered someone and is just shrugging it off like it’s nothing. Obviously the guilt is eating him up inside and he just wants to come clean.
I love how much the guilt is eating him up, so much that he hasn't bothered to visit or ask about Kofi Jones whose death he caused and whose entire family is dead because of him, but has time to go on dates with the sister of the guy he killed, and is more interested in chasing girls, while also incriminating his current girlfriend.

• he has no time to do the one thing he's responsible for, looking after his dog.
  • he doesn't know how to do laundry because the dad does all the work
  • the dad who's risking his life and career and all the son does is whine about his feelings and refuses to listen, when all he has to do is keep his mouth shut and not be more stupid.
  • every episode he causes the death of another innocent.

Adam is a piece of **** who deserves to suffer and die

·
Registered
237 Posts
Adam is a piece of **** who deserves to suffer and die
If the psychopathic organised crime boss wasn't hell bent on murdering the person who accidentally killed his son, Adam would have handed himself in and nobody else would have died. To blame Adam for everything whilst the organised crime syndicate are running around killing people deliberately seems a little harsh, to say the least.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
If the psychopathic organised crime boss wasn't hell bent on murdering the person who accidentally killed his son, Adam would have handed himself in and nobody else would have died. To blame Adam for everything whilst the organised crime syndicate are running around killing people deliberately seems a little harsh, to say the least.
I agree it may sound a little harsh, but the fact is he's very unlikeable and everything he's done has been stupid, arrogant and selfish. I cannot root for someone like that - he's not some innocent kid.

If someone causes a fatality while driving, you very likely go to prison, when it was due to careless/reckless driving. If in addition you refuse to call for help, destroy evidence, lie, you most certainly go to prison.

What the Baxters are doing is irrelevant. Both Adam and his dad are criminals.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I agree it may sound a little harsh, but the fact is he's very unlikeable and everything he's done has been stupid, arrogant and selfish. I cannot root for someone like that - he's not some innocent kid.

If someone causes a fatality while driving, you very likely go to prison, when it was due to careless/reckless driving. If in addition you refuse to call for help, destroy evidence, lie, you most certainly go to prison.

What the Baxters are doing is irrelevant. Both Adam and his dad are criminals.
So, it's acceptable for Adam to be murdered because he was involved in a fatal accident? Because that's really the entire crux of the show.

Because Jimmy Baxter feels the only acceptable justice for the death of his son is the death of the person that killed his son, his son's killer has not faced any justice at all and others have died because of it.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Adam should face punishment. Indeed, the whole point of the show is that both he and his father also thought that he should face justice - but that was not possible because they, not unexpectedly, didn't believe he deserved to die for what he did.

·
Registered
17,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #89
I just do not get the son, why is he hooking up with the daughter/sister when he knows what he did and it cannot end well? Why take all the pictures, why is he doing half of what he does. Just makes no sense.

·
Registered
3,476 Posts
So, it's acceptable for Adam to be murdered because he was involved in a fatal accident? Because that's really the entire crux of the show.

Because Jimmy Baxter feels the only acceptable justice for the death of his son is the death of the person that killed his son, his son's killer has not faced any justice at all and others have died because of it.

I don't think anyone would disagree that Adam should face punishment. Indeed, the whole point of the show is that both he and his father also thought that he should face justice - but that was not possible because they, not unexpectedly, didn't believe he deserved to die for what he did.
Legally and morally, of course he doesnt deserve to die for what he did - he does deserve to be in prison.

But this is a tv show. A character as stupid, selfish and unlikeable as Adam is not someone anyone likes. Cranston, even without the Walter White association, is a likeable charismatic actor. The guy who plays Adam is not, he's a whiny arrogant little punk.

·
Registered
5,104 Posts
@Defcon - I don't even know how you made it through the entire 2nd episode (and are still watching it). I tapped out about 15 minutes into the second (though I was really done after finishing the first) - the show is poorly written and not even Bryan Cranston could save this pile

Not shocked to see the thread devolve into which streaming services have limited 4K HDR

It's like the writing team have literally no idea how the law works or how criminal investigation is performed - the contrivance and eye-rolling moments in the first episode alone were astonishing

Did Adam steal that gas too?

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
"The guy who plays Adam is not, he's a whiny arrogant little punk."
if that's the way the part is written and directed,
mission accomplished in a George Bush kinda way . . .
yeah! --- NO.
gotta hate watch it just to shut her up . . .

81 - 92 of 92 Posts