AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I plan to test a few previously E-80 Inputted 2000-2002 S-VHS and VHS tapes(and the extant previously burned DVD-R Discs) vs new Panny 2005 EH50 on it's same ability. In other words to see if the 50 is better at that. Also I would like to direct record an HDNet movie to the E-80 and new EH50, burn, and playback on Panny XP50 player and compare.

What tests with the new Pio 531 would be good? I definitely plan to compare EH50 on direct record HDMovieNet source with 531 over the next month.

·
Banned
2,239 Posts
Out of curiosity, exactly how many DVD recorders do you have, and how many inputs does your television have to accept all these? My TV has a component in, and three sets of S video/RCA jacks, although one of those is nullified if you use the component ins. Are you using multiple televisions?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonGuy
I plan to test a few previously E-80 Inputted 2000-2002 S-VHS and VHS tapes(and the extant previously burned DVD-R Discs) vs new Panny 2005 EH50 on it's same ability. In other words to see if the 50 is better at that. Also I would like to direct record an HDNet movie to the E-80 and new EH50, burn, and playback on Panny XP50 player and compare.

What tests with the new Pio 531 would be good? I definitely plan to compare EH50 on direct record HDMovieNet source with 531 over the next month.
I would have liked to see DV input, but that won't be possible. And of course you will want to confirm your earlier VHS > composite input results (please turn on EDIT mode). Finally, HDnet over S-Video should pretty much cover it. DVD-to-DVD copies should be clones. Personally, I'd like to see all these an MN32.

·
Registered
223 Posts
HG - What I find interesting about the 2005 recorders is the full resolution at up to 4 hrs for the E50 and up to 3.5 HRS for the 531. IS THIS GOOD OR BAD? Meaning - does the extra bitrate required for the full resolution at longer lengths leave insufficient bitrate, thus allowing artifact degraded picture quality. A 3 3/4 hour/disc football game on the EH50 might not look as good as on the 531 because of this.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.