AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the question.

I have seen all to many times someone that has a very small room or a reason why they have to put the couch on the back wall. What is your opinion on this option?

Put the rears at floor level behind the couch pointing up and move the couch out only 6 +/- inches. My reasoning is that there would be the delay in footage to get to your ears and they would be coming at you from behind instead of the sides. Again if the couch is not able to be moved and there is no right way, hows this option?

·
Registered
6,985 Posts
I would try them on the side walls, 1-2 feet above your ears, when seated. Mount them as close to the rear wall as possible.

This is assuming you're talking about a 5.1 system.

·
Registered
2,067 Posts
I used to have mine to the sides and angled up. If you can, acoustic panels on that wall will make a world of a difference.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is to represent other peoples rooms I have seen or read about. The question is your opinion on the outcome of the ending result. rears pointed up between a couch and back wall.

·
Registered
12,990 Posts
The sound would likely be very muffled coming up from behind a couch with a small gap like that. I would mount them higher on the wall or ceiling in the corners.

IMO! - Don

1 - 7 of 7 Posts