AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have BIC DV62si speakers, and DV62-CLR center. Bookshelves are about 8 feet apart, about 4 inches above the top of the TV, so they are about 5 feet above the floor in my HT cabinets. (cabinets are over 9 feet wide, and almost 6 feet tall.)

1. I've had the center channel, about 14 inches above the top of the TV, which puts it about 10 inches higher than the bookshelf speakers. And about six feet off the floor.

2. I could put the center channel on shelf just above top of TV, but offset from center line by 10". This would put it just below the plane of the plane of the right and left speakers. But would be 10" offset, and to do this I would have to spend $100 for the new model of center channel, which is 5" slimmer in width, and would fit on shelf above TV.

3. I could put the center channel right below the TV, there is a nook for it there as well. But this would mean using a smaller BIC DV52-CLR, which has 5 1/4 inch woofers, instead of 6 1/2 inch one in existing speaker. And cost all of $60.

4. Finally, what do you think about running two center channels, keep the one 14" above the TV, but run the smaller BIC DV52-CLR right below?

Thanks for your input,

Jeff

·
Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by palehorse /forum/post/19601549

Would something like this work?
http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/show...03&postcount=1

No, I have large cabinets, with shelf above TV. Nooks on upper left and right for L & R speakers. Small nook directly below TV.

EDITED post above to state that cabinets are over 9 feet wide, and almost 6 feet tall.

·
Registered
3,576 Posts
What's wrong with where it is now? Do you not like the sound? None of the other options look much better, if anything right above the TV would help tie the vocals to the screen a little better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.