AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since I cannot decide on which Tv to purchase, I will let the forum decide. Place your vote for the best TV in the 62-73" range. Does not matter if CRT, DLP, or RPLCD. I have went back and forth on them all and need to do rock, paper, scissors to decide. The polls close next Friday.

Thanks to all voters!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks43
Since I cannot decide on which Tv to purchase, I will let the forum decide. Place your vote for the best TV in the 62-73" range. Does not matter if CRT, DLP, or RPLCD. I have went back and forth on them all and need to do rock, paper, scissors to decide. The polls close next Friday.

Thanks to all voters!
Here's your answer... get a 70 inch Sony Qualia 006.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyclonus
Here's your answer... get a 70 inch Sony Qualia 006.
i hope you set your budget high enough! :D

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Another vote for the Sony Qualia (since you didn't state a budget).

·
Registered
2,354 Posts
I think the Sony XS is the best bargain out there (best PQ for the price), but it is 9 months old. Newer models might be a better way to go. Modern LCDs are fine for gaming.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ptt660
i hope you set your budget high enough! :D

Indeed... but as Bill P said, with no budget restrictions stated in the original post, might as well go with the best.

The other way to go with that could be, since the original poster seems to indicate that all the sets he's seen, regardless of brand and RP technology, look equally good to him and have the features he wants, he should find the absolute least expensive RP TV in the 62" to 73" range, and buy that.

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you must have above a 62", then how about the JVC HD-70G886. If you can sacrifice 1", go with the JVC HD-61Z886. There are really good prices on these right now. If you can wait a month or so, the "F" series with 1080P will be out and the 70" will give the Qualia a run for the money at a MUCH cheaper price point.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Since you are talking about what you need now you have indicated no price range I would go with the 70" Qualia. I own the xs and if I had the money I would go buy the 70" as an additional set in my place. Five figures for a set is past my price range....

·
Registered
5,532 Posts
Sony Qualia 006

·
Registered
3,027 Posts
Mitsubishi 73" CRT-RPTV. 1/3 the cost of a Qualia 006 not counting a stand. Plus you can remove the reflection/glare "protective screen".

·
Premium Member
35,574 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill
Mitsubishi 73" CRT-RPTV. 1/3 the cost of a Qualia 006 not counting a stand. Plus you can remove the reflection/glare "protective screen".
I second the Mits 73" or maybe you can find last years Mits 65" with 9" CRTs..

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sorry. I should have stated a price range but I saw the posting rules and did not know if I should. Try to keep around the 5k range.

·
Registered
15,534 Posts
Then I change my vote to a 1080p Samsung DLP. DLPs have better blacks and better PQ detail than LCDs, although LCDs have better colors. Some people see rainbows with DLPs, and some see screen door effects and motion blur with LCDs. The new 1080p sets should be fantastic (just starting to come out now).

·
Registered
59 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawks43
Sorry. I should have stated a price range but I saw the posting rules and did not know if I should. Try to keep around the 5k range.

Dude... you seem to state in your original post that everything looks equally good to you... if so, why not just find the least expensive set that is in your size range, and buy that?

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimsArcade
I second the upcoming Sony 60" SXRD if the image quality is anywhere near the Qualia 006's.
Me 3.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Keep the votes coming! The Sony 60 SXRD is in the lead. Just hope Sony gets with it and releases these models soon.

·
Registered
382 Posts
Um, did you SXRD advocates notice that 60" is 2 inches smaller than his minimum requested size? Hawks43 should definitely check out the Samsung HLR 1080p 68/78 series -- they should be available for your inspection at a b&m near you now. The upcoming 67" 6768 is both big and in your price range if you go through the Powerbuy.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hawks. I would take a look at the Mits 62528 when it arrives. I am a bit surprised fans of the DLP have not chimed in yet with some of the 62" models or upcoming models.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.