AVS Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been getting the message on my 50VT25 that youtube will be leaving support in April, I still have Netflix
app and a few others and don't want to add a seperate DVD just for youtube. Is there anything out there
that will plug in the tv's usb and allow me to pickup youtube? I looked at Chrome cast but it seem to only
work from a cellphone app?

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
No such message on my Panasonic S60. Why the usb port? I also use a Roku2 which I plug into my AVR's HDMI input so I can watch on demand content from FOX, A&E, Showtime and HBO. You can also access Youtube along with hundreds of other steaming channels.

Ian

·
Banned
830 Posts
Been getting the message on my 50VT25 that youtube will be leaving support in April, I still have Netflix
app and a few others and don't want to add a seperate DVD just for youtube. Is there anything out there
that will plug in the tv's usb and allow me to pickup youtube? I looked at Chrome cast but it seem to only
work from a cellphone app?
Panasonic is not the only one I see. I received the same message on my Sony Blu-ray player. It says "YouTube app will no longer be available as of 20/4/2015. Sucks because have it in my bedroom and I enjoy falling asleep while watching Youtube video/movies. I need to find a inexpensive replacement for my bedroom.

·
Registered
988 Posts
This is why I would never buy a smart TV (or go for one smart TV over another if the smart features were the only difference.) A 2010 premium TV is already going obsolete...

Instead, get a smart TV box and upgrade that as required to keep up. It'll cost much less, too.

·
Registered
8,701 Posts
Roku updates their firmware monthly. Mine is nearly 3 years old and although it doesn't have the latest Netflix interface, the channel list keeps growing.

Ian

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of google chromecast because they own youtube and should support the app forever, your right about a premium tv in 2010 should not be loosing apps, we lost ustream and a few others but I didn't miss them like I will youtube.

·
Registered
475 Posts
No such message on my Panasonic S60. Why the usb port? I also use a Roku2 which I plug into my AVR's HDMI input so I can watch on demand content from FOX, A&E, Showtime and HBO. You can also access Youtube along with hundreds of other steaming channels.

Ian
Hi, Ian! Got the same Youtube ending message on my GT25. No worry for me. I've got a Roku3 and my Oppo 103 has Youtube.

Added a refurb PC to use as a home theater computer to my S60. A $30 video card with HDMI works great. Love my S60. Love the blacks on it. Best buy I think I ever made!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts