AVS Forum banner

2081 - 2100 of 2255 Posts

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
Just recently switched back to YTTV from Hulu Live and can not figure out how to do progressive fast forward on Apple TV. Holding down the right side of the remote does nothing other than pause as though it were a click. I can of course do the fast tap, but that is not the same thing and supposedly progressive ff was included in the latest release of the app for Apple TV. Anyone else have any luck with it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,450 Posts
Just recently switched back to YTTV from Hulu Live and can not figure out how to do progressive fast forward on Apple TV. Holding down the right side of the remote does nothing other than pause as though it were a click. I can of course do the fast tap, but that is not the same thing and supposedly progressive ff was included in the latest release of the app for Apple TV. Anyone else have any luck with it?

The progressive fastforward stopped working on my Rokus a few months ago. At first I could get it back by rebooting the device, but then that stopped working.

·
Registered
584 Posts
Since dropping Directv I have been switching between YouTube TV, Hulu Live and Fubo. I'm currently on Hulu Live but would switch back to YTTV if not for a motion issue streaming movies on the app on my FireTv. No matter what I do, I get judder that makes it very unpleasant to watch.

Has anyone else had this issue and have you found a fix?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Since dropping Directv I have been switching between YouTube TV, Hulu Live and Fubo. I'm currently on Hulu Live but would switch back to YTTV if not for a motion issue streaming movies on the app on my FireTv. No matter what I do, I get judder that makes it very unpleasant to watch.

Has anyone else had this issue and have you found a fix?

I had that issue on roku TV but haven’t had any such issues since switching to Apple TV. Unfortunately it may be related to a setting on your TV or firestick or may even require an update to the app.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Hey guys just dropped Dish after 15 years and subscribed to YouTube. Love it so far. Is it possible to delete individual episodes on the DvR? Thanks

·
Registered
584 Posts
I had that issue on roku TV but haven’t had any such issues since switching to Apple TV. Unfortunately it may be related to a setting on your TV or firestick or may even require an update to the app.

Thanks. I have played with the settings on off and custom on both my Firestick and Samsung KS8000 TV. Oddly it does not seem to effect live stream or DVR. Just movie streaming.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Hey guys just dropped Dish after 15 years and subscribed to YouTube. Love it so far. Is it possible to delete individual episodes on the DvR? Thanks

I assume you mean delete individual episodes of a series you added. Removing the series is the only way to get rid of them. They will indicate if they are “watched” though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is you now have essentially unlimited storage and tuners since it’s a cloud DVR and doesn’t rely on your local hardware. No real need to ever delete anything and YTTV will automatically mark watched episodes.

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is you now have essentially unlimited storage and tuners since it’s a cloud DVR and doesn’t rely on your local hardware. No real need to ever delete anything and YTTV will automatically mark watched episodes.
This question comes up constantly. Unfortunately, does make for a cluttered library.

·
Registered
18,194 Posts

I watch via an ATV as well. I ordered this remote (it's under $10) from Amazon and I can progressive fast forward thru my DVR'd shows.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07C2MGWTD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_image_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

This question comes up constantly. Unfortunately, does make for a cluttered library.
Yeah, it does add to the clutter. Like their gmail. Can't delete. Just archive. Delete option would be nice.

·
Registered
18,194 Posts
Some bittersweet news. YTTV has added some of ViacomCBS channels today. But also raised the price quite a bit. Not sure if 5.1 audio was included in the update/increase. Will have to check tonight.

An update to your price

As we continue to evaluate how to provide the best possible service and content for
you, our membership price will be $64.99. This new price takes effect today, June 30,
for new members. Existing subscribers will see these changes reflected in their
subsequent billing cycle on or after July 30.
https://youtube.googleblog.com/2020/06/youtube-tv-update.html

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Reactions: aaronwt

·
Registered
24 Posts
30% a year, or an additional $180 over 12 months seems a bit extreme. Differentiating between services is starting to become more complex.

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Wow, that is quite the bump in $$ over the long haul...and for nothing extra i care about.

Why cant they offer different tiered packages!!..yeah yeah i know the answer is the same it has been since the dawn of cable tv. Wish we could move past it thou and have true ala carte.

Might time to rethink this whole thing...if I had my way i would be OTA only but sadly I do not.

:edit: Took and stand and cancelled... I'll deal with the aftermath later =P

·
Registered
370 Posts
Some bittersweet news. YTTV has added some of ViacomCBS channels today. But also raised the price quite a bit. Not sure if 5.1 audio was included in the update/increase. Will have to check tonight.

https://youtube.googleblog.com/2020/06/youtube-tv-update.html
At $64.99, a $15 price increase, YouTube TV is out of their minds. The new channels being offered are not worth the price nor have I watched any of them in over a decade. YouTube TV needs to create a tiered structure whereby we don't have to pay for these extra channels that are probably not wanted by the most users since we have not had them thus far. They are basically forcing you to pay for channels that you don't want and will never watch. Once the price goes up, its BYE BYE YouTube TV and find a better alternative. I can get a better deal from my cable provider Optimum than what YouTube TV is offering at this price point.

2081 - 2100 of 2255 Posts