AVS Forum banner

2401 - 2413 of 2413 Posts

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
So why exactly would anyone paying for a service like YouTube TV, with an unlimited DVR, be watching commercial breaks, especially one month before a presidential election?
I like watching what both sides. are saying. Do record virtually everything we watch. When watching news, backup 30 minutes so can FF thru commercials. Watch all 3 U.S. channels and BBC. U.S. channels all act like there is nothing going on in the world but the U.S. election. Fox is beginning to do some accurate reporting on virus.

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
Is anyone seeing the “ad info” overlay during regular programming (not just commercials)? I’m using the ATV4K and the only way I can get rid of it is to force close the YTTV app or reboot the device. I can’t figure out what’s triggering it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,824 Posts
I've only seen it during ads on various Android TV devices (Shield TV, Mi Box 4s, Nexus Player, Hisense H8G).

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
I've only seen it during ads on various Android TV devices (Shield TV, Mi Box 4s, Nexus Player, Hisense H8G).
Right, it works correctly on my Shields and Sony TV but lately on my ATV4K it hangs around for a while after the commercial ends and regular programming resumes.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Where is a good forum to make suggestions to improve Youtube TV user experience?

Having come from the former Moxi and recently Tivo environments I find the Youtube TV guide lacking. It uses so much screen space that I only see 5 channels at a time. And there is nothing to indicate whether the show is new or a rerun, nothing to show the Series#/Episode#, no brief description of the show contents, and not even an indicator to let me know whether I've set it up to save in the Library.

And little things, like the screen dimming upon startup of a show. Very annoying when jumping between sports events. And there is no good reason for it. Almost like someone is playing a stupid joke on the user to discourage the switching between channels.

I also wish the channel guide went further into the future than the apparent 6 hours. There are times when I'd like to look at shows on tomorrow's schedule to make sure I've got them in my Library. Tivo had a roughly 8 days ahead window in their channel guide.

Am probably just speaking to deaf ears. But Youtube TV has potential. I just wish they'd take the user experience a bit more seriously.

·
Registered
5,638 Posts
Where is a good forum to make suggestions to improve Youtube TV user experience?

Having come from the former Moxi and recently Tivo environments I find the Youtube TV guide lacking. It uses so much screen space that I only see 5 channels at a time. And there is nothing to indicate whether the show is new or a rerun, nothing to show the Series#/Episode#, no brief description of the show contents, and not even an indicator to let me know whether I've set it up to save in the Library.

And little things, like the screen dimming upon startup of a show. Very annoying when jumping between sports events. And there is no good reason for it. Almost like someone is playing a stupid joke on the user to discourage the switching between channels.

I also wish the channel guide went further into the future than the apparent 6 hours. There are times when I'd like to look at shows on tomorrow's schedule to make sure I've got them in my Library. Tivo had a roughly 8 days ahead window in their channel guide.

Am probably just speaking to deaf ears. But Youtube TV has potential. I just wish they'd take the user experience a bit more seriously.
Probably Reddit, as I've heard YTTV engineers pop in on those discussions from time to time. Otherwise, or in addition to, just send feedback directly through the YTTV feedback button.

As YTTV becomes more cable-like in their channel offerings and pricing, perhaps they'll soon be looking to make the interface more cable-like. When it was 40 or so channels for $35/mo., the inadequacies seemed much less problematic. Though I'm personally quite used to it (I was with PS Vue for 2 years prior).

·
Registered
2,108 Posts
If you go in to save a program eg. "The Daily Show" - you search for "The Daily Show" - click on the "+" indicator on the upper right. The "+" indicator changes to a check icon indicator to indicate you've chosen to save that.
As for the clunky guide - you can go out more than 6 hours. There are two arrows on the middle extreme right of the guide ">" and "<" (for going backwards).
You can send Feedback directly to YTTV by clicking on the "?" at the top of the opening screen. When the Help menu opens, scroll to the very bottom. There you will find the word "Feedback".

(Right above that are the words "Contact Us". If you ever need support there is never a wait of over a minute or two.)

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

Sending feedback to YTTV thru the app is the best way. There is a sub-Reddit as well that YTTV monitors. Whenever discussing the UI you really need to specify exactly what device(s) you are running the app on as the UI is not consistent across devices.

·
Registered
95 Posts
NBC Sports Gold Subscriptions not Working in Google TV NBC Sports App

I have subscriptions on NBC Sports Gold for IMSA and Indycar programming. They work fine when I access them through the NBC Sports app on my Roku, but when I attempted to watch IMSA or Indycar on the NBC Sports App installed on Google TV, I get a message that it cannot play the content (yes I validated and logged into the app on Google TV). Note that this happens for Live viewing and Replays of "full races". The 30 min highlights of races do play through the app. I called NBC Sports App support and they said they are aware of the problem, but the lady I spoke to sounded a little unsure of herself. So I would like to know if others are having the same issue with this app.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts

I have subscriptions on NBC Sports Gold for IMSA and Indycar programming. They work fine when I access them through the NBC Sports app on my Roku, but when I attempted to watch IMSA or Indycar on the NBC Sports App installed on Google TV, I get a message that it cannot play the content (yes I validated and logged into the app on Google TV). Note that this happens for Live viewing and Replays of "full races". The 30 min highlights of races do play through the app. I called NBC Sports App support and they said they are aware of the problem, but the lady I spoke to sounded a little unsure of herself. So I would like to know if others are having the same issue with this app.
How is this related to YTTV?

·
Registered
1,027 Posts

I'm curious if you tried casting to your Google TV? It worked for me on my Google Nest Hub from my Android phone's NBCsports app. I tried this last week to see how well casting would do in the absence of a functional app. For the record, I don't have Google TV or Gold sub; just casted a race replay to test.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm curious if you tried casting to your Google TV? It worked for me on my Google Nest Hub from my Android phone's NBCsports app. I tried this last week to see how well casting would do in the absence of a functional app. For the record, I don't have Google TV or Gold sub; just casted a race replay to test.

Sent from my Pixel 4 XL using Tapatalk
I must be missing something...how is this related to YTTV?

·
Registered
3,752 Posts

If you’re asking if the YTTV credentials work on the various NBC apps, yes they do for me on the ATV4K and Nvidia Shield.

2401 - 2413 of 2413 Posts