AVS Forum banner

2621 - 2634 of 2634 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Have you tried viewing 'stats for nerds'? It will show everything you would want to confirm in the video stream.

Wouldn’t doubt this is the culprit, but my connection is ok. On spectrum ultra speeds around 400 down 20 upload.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
758 Posts
it still is. Pixelation, macro blocking, & even the occasional breakup of the picture. They need to fix this!
Odd I haven’t had any issues aside from a short outage a while back since I’ve had the service (about 13 months now).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,690 Posts
So I just did what to me seems the craziest thing ever. I looked the “stats for nerds”& my picture was 640x360!!!. Also the Video Quality was set to AUTO. Well they have all the options from 1080p on down. So I set it to 1080p. it changed to 1080P. Crisis on Infinite Earth’s resolved. LOL

·
Registered
303 Posts
New TTTV user currently on the free trial. The Live guide shows only about 6 hours when I scroll to the right and the individual network scroll at the bottom of the Home screen on a FireTV Stick is about 1 day. I thought that the guide was supposed to be a 14 day guide. Is this just a limitation with the free trial? When I search, it finds programs 2 weeks out, but I cannot get to them using the guide. All the internet searches state that YTTV has a 14 day guide.

I like to browse forward on TCM to find films I never heard of, will never find them using search.

If there is no 14 day browsing, this might be a deal breaker for me. Current RCN TIVO cable box provides what I need, hoped to be able to cut costs.

·
Registered
15,207 Posts
New TTTV user currently on the free trial. The Live guide shows only about 6 hours when I scroll to the right and the individual network scroll at the bottom of the Home screen on a FireTV Stick is about 1 day. I thought that the guide was supposed to be a 14 day guide. Is this just a limitation with the free trial?
14 day guide is only on the web version and the DVR Guide on FireStick so far. On your Firestick Home screen, go to the DVR tab and select the Guide. You'll get 14 days of YTTV and whatever other streaming services you have (Sling, Tubi, Recast, Pluto, etc.).

·
Registered
5,875 Posts
New TTTV user currently on the free trial. The Live guide shows only about 6 hours when I scroll to the right and the individual network scroll at the bottom of the Home screen on a FireTV Stick is about 1 day. I thought that the guide was supposed to be a 14 day guide. Is this just a limitation with the free trial? When I search, it finds programs 2 weeks out, but I cannot get to them using the guide. All the internet searches state that YTTV has a 14 day guide.

I like to browse forward on TCM to find films I never heard of, will never find them using search.

If there is no 14 day browsing, this might be a deal breaker for me. Current RCN TIVO cable box provides what I need, hoped to be able to cut costs.
Search TCM periodically and add anything that strikes your fancy to your unlimited DVR library. Also, you can find plenty of movies currently available on demand by searching TCM or clicking on the channel logo in your guide. That's much more efficient than regularly scrolling days and weeks ahead in the live guide.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
Search TCM periodically and add anything that strikes your fancy to your unlimited DVR library. Also, you can find plenty of movies currently available on demand by searching TCM or clicking on the channel logo in your guide. That's much more efficient than regularly scrolling days and weeks ahead in the live guide.
Dumb question, what’s TCM?

·
Registered
2,087 Posts

Search is the best way to find items that are out more than a day if you are on a FireTV or Roku. I believe on the PC browser there's a longer grid window.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I noticed that a little while ago. I think that will work for me, but I liked scrolling through listings, think I eventually will find the YTTV version just as good at finding films I did not know about. Other comments about searching are not germane to me. I like to go through listings that way, as I like to browse though LP bins.

Thanks.

Someone already answered but TCM is Turner Classic Movies, a must-have for me.

·
Registered
4,067 Posts
I would guess that the “TCM” the OP referenced was Turner Classic Movies...
Yeah thanks. I read the question too fast and missed the TCM reference.

Reactions: mjwagner
2621 - 2634 of 2634 Posts