AVS Forum banner

3021 - 3040 of 3054 Posts

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
If you get a chance sometime, I’d be interested in the current bitrate of a 1080p program on a standard channel from the FTV4K. Most of the other stuff is on Stats for Nerds anyway.
We almost never watch live tv but here you go - I just picked something at random.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
The YTTV mobile UI (on Android phones and tablets) is pretty bad. The live guide only shows what's playing now and what's coming on next in a non time based grid.
True, but the actual home TV apps show the live guide for the future. I would think that would be to save mobile data, since most people watching on a phone want to watch something on right now. You can always use titanTV to search what's on in the future on your phone.

·
Registered
509 Posts
True, but the actual home TV apps show the live guide for the future. I would think that would be to save mobile data, since most people watching on a phone want to watch something on right now. You can always use titanTV to search what's on in the future on your phone.
I'll have to look into titanTV. I like to browse a guide on a smaller device (phone) while watching on the TV to see what else I might like either now or in the future. When I find something I want to watch, I bring it up on the phone, then cast it to the TV. I really don't know why anyone would want to watch any videos on a small phone screen ever. It's just too small to be practical for that, especially anyone over 40 without reading glasses.

·
Registered
34 Posts
On the ATV4k it's more difficult and you need a MAC but on the FireTV Stick 4k it is straight forward. Use the key combination or use the Developer Tools app to turn the data display on...
So, I got the developer settings setup on my ATV4K and turned on the HUD display, but it doesn’t seem to work with YTTV. Works fine for some other apps like Netflix and Hulu.

Anyone know if there is a way to show the bitrate details on Chromecast w/GoogleTV?

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
So, I got the developer settings setup on my ATV4K and turned on the HUD display, but it doesn’t seem to work with YTTV. Works fine for some other apps like Netflix and Hulu.

Anyone know if there is a way to show the bitrate details on Chromecast w/GoogleTV?
For about a year now, YTTV on the ATV4K running Xcode does not show onscreen data anymore. My guess is Google changed their player to something proprietary. The other apps you mentioned where it works are using Apples built in video player.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: ctonylee

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
First DVR issue I cant solve:
Subject: Recording New Day on CNN, 3 one hour episodes every morning at 6am, 7am and 8am ET
Normal: Each of the three show up on my new recordings. Start with the oldest, and it autoplays all 3
Problem: Now none of the three show up in New recordings. I have to go to the show in "most watched", then select the year 2021, then go to EXTRAS and the 3 new episodes are mixed in with all the other shows from the year. Have to dig around to find them.

I have "unlibraried" the show and re-added, rebooted the Shield. It seems to be getting worse every day.

Any clues from anyone on how to fix this?

·
Registered
19,724 Posts
Looks like YTTV is gearing up for their 4K launch. I just received an email to redeem for a free Tivo 4K streaming box.

"To ensure our loyal YouTube TV members have a great watch experience
(including the ability to watch 4K content on our optional new add-on
service coming soon!), we want to offer you a free TiVo® Stream 4K
device."

Now the question is, how much will this add-on service be?

Reactions: JMTHEFOX

·
Registered
4,445 Posts
Looks like YTTV is gearing up for their 4K launch. I just received an email to redeem for a free Tivo 4K streaming box.

device."

I’m thinking that the only 4K content I know of right now that YTTV has is limited Fox sports, HBO and Showtime. I have no idea how much they would want to addon for that.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts

device."

Huh. I just received an email to redeem a free Chromecast with Google TV. This will be my second free Chromecast from them. Previous offer was last December.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
I am not holding out any hope for them actually having a working Android app which works with 4K and HDR. They cant do it with YouTube now...unless they are planning to use a different codec for 4KHDR than they use on YouTube. And I rather doubt I am paying them extra for something I can get free on the Fox Sports app.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
I've been w. YTTV 3+ years. Got the free Chromecast about six months ago. Left it main home but would really use it here in our main home. We will be getting our first 4K screen in a couple months.
Does HBO or any other premium service have 4K? Netflix does, but they charge several dollars a month extra for the privilege.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Does HBO or any other premium service have 4K? Netflix does, but they charge several dollars a month extra for the privilege.
Disney+ and HBOMax Premiers do

·
Registered
19,724 Posts

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
Not sure if this is a YouTubeTV issue or a Sheild issue. Posting here in case anyone has a Shield that notices the same issue:

·
Registered
522 Posts
With Sinclair starting it’s own sports streaming service I wonder if any hope or slim chance of getting our RSNs on YTTV just left the building.

Projected to be $23/month for your specific region; not clear if that is a month-to-month price (so cancelable during your preferred off-season) or based on a full-year commitment.

I think not only does it close the door on a new deal with YTTV/Hulu Live/Dish, it seems likely that agreements with existing carriers (including AT&T TV and the cable companies) will be difficult to maintain.

There is a big pendulum swing right now towards smaller and smaller independent services. Just remember how often we whined for ala carte options in the cable era -- be careful what you wish for, I guess. Eventually it will swing back towards bundles and packages as peoples' tolerance and budget for juggling multiple services starts to reach a limit. Until then it's the wild west and everybody will try to max out their short-term revenue.

·
Registered
5,977 Posts
$23 for a local RSN? They can KMA

·
Registered
67 Posts
I want 4K...but HDR is probably more important. 5.1 is still needed. Seems like people on here get good quality streams. Am I the only one who thinks the quality is horrible? Just always washed out, and terrible compression. Never looks good, like a DVD upscaled.

3021 - 3040 of 3054 Posts