AVS Forum banner

961 - 980 of 2255 Posts

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
In YTTV are you able to designate TV channels as "Favorites," and are they then grouped together in the Guide?
PSVue had this feature until last week's disastrous "update." Since then, Roku-based PSVue customers are pretty angry, and many are considering YTTV as a better alternative.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
In YTTV are you able to designate TV channels as "Favorites," and are they then grouped together in the Guide?
PSVue had this feature until last week's disastrous "update." Since then, Roku-based PSVue customers are pretty angry, and many are considering YTTV as a better alternative.
YouTube TV has a fully customizable guide. You can select which channels you want to include in it and then put them in whatever order you want them to be in. Once you set up your customized guide you can toggle between the default guide and your custom guide anytime you want. I don't think any other live TV streaming services offer anything like this.

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
YouTube TV has a fully customizable guide. You can select which channels you want to include in it and then put them in whatever order you want them to be in. Once you set up your customized guide you can toggle between the default guide and your custom guide anytime you want. I don't think any other live TV streaming services offer anything like this.
Thanks - that sounds very good. Also, does YTTV use viewer Profiles? That is, can I have my own custom channel guide, and my wife can have her own custom guide? And does the same profile-type set up apply to the DVR feature - I can have my DVR'd shows and my wife can separately have hers? Thanks again.

·
Registered
4,767 Posts
Thanks - that sounds very good. Also, does YTTV use viewer Profiles? That is, can I have my own custom channel guide, and my wife can have her own custom guide? And does the same profile-type set up apply to the DVR feature - I can have my DVR'd shows and my wife can separately have hers? Thanks again.
Yep it does

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just got YTTY over the weekend and I noticed that the sound only plays out of my Right speaker and none of the other speakers. I have a 3.1 setup for now which I plan to upgrade to 5.1.4 this week. Even if YTTY does not have 5.1, is there some way to make it play out of the center speaker. Am I doing the setup wrong somehow ?

I am playing it from my Nvidia Shield. I have not tried on my XBOX OneX yet. I do use Amazon Prime Video, Plex etc and get the speakers to work right, so its not my setup as such. So it has to do with YTTV I am guessing. All help appreciated !

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
I just got YTTY over the weekend and I noticed that the sound only plays out of my Right speaker and none of the other speakers. I have a 3.1 setup for now which I plan to upgrade to 5.1.4 this week. Even if YTTY does not have 5.1, is there some way to make it play out of the center speaker. Am I doing the setup wrong somehow ?

I am playing it from my Nvidia Shield. I have not tried on my XBOX OneX yet. I do use Amazon Prime Video, Plex etc and get the speakers to work right, so its not my setup as such. So it has to do with YTTV I am guessing. All help appreciated !
Is it all content or just certain channels and/or shows. I've had an issue with a handful of recorded CW episodes only coming out of one speaker (the left in my case). Never had issues with any other content in 18+ months. I use a Roku (4630 and 4640) and have a 5.1 setup.

EDIT: By the way, the same issue happened on PC with my 2.1 setup on those same episodes and using headphones with a mobile device.

EDIT2: Another peculiar thing in my case, the episode lead-in is fine (the promo for another show), but once the episode's content starts, so does the audio issue, so I'm guessing it's the feed from my local CW.

·
Registered
2,837 Posts
Can you delete shows from your library/DVR? Seems like if you set a show to record, all showings will record and stay in your library.

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Can you delete shows from your library/DVR? Seems like if you set a show to record, all showings will record and stay in your library.

AFAIK you can’t delete shows. They will just roll off automatically after 9 months. I record *almost* everything so I can FF and RW so I have a lot of stuff in the Library.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
You can delete shows and movies and special events, but you can't delete individual episodes/seasons of a show or recording instances. Unfortunately that means if you record a movie on Showtime (unedited for television) and a couple months later it several times on FX (for example), it will replace any Showtime recordings after five+ airings on FX. However, for TV episodes, it does track what you've watched as long as your activity history settings are properly enabled in your Google account.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Is it all content or just certain channels and/or shows. I've had an issue with a handful of recorded CW episodes only coming out of one speaker (the left in my case). Never had issues with any other content in 18+ months. I use a Roku (4630 and 4640) and have a 5.1 setup.

EDIT: By the way, the same issue happened on PC with my 2.1 setup on those same episodes and using headphones with a mobile device.

EDIT2: Another peculiar thing in my case, the episode lead-in is fine (the promo for another show), but once the episode's content starts, so does the audio issue, so I'm guessing it's the feed from my local CW.
From what I can see, its happening on all the channels, regardless of the content. This is my first time using YTTV and so I was not sure what all to check. My receiver is pretty old too ( Marantz SR5007) which I am changing to a Yamaha 3080 this week. So will see if all of that has any effect here.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
From what I can see, its happening on all the channels, regardless of the content. This is my first time using YTTV and so I was not sure what all to check. My receiver is pretty old too ( Marantz SR5007) which I am changing to a Yamaha 3080 this week. So will see if all of that has any effect here.
Unless you can test on another setup, I'd say see what happens with your new AVR. Keep in mind YouTube TV's live TV content (even when recorded) is only two-channel audio. Select on-demand content may be in 5.1 on an Nvidia Shield and Xbox One.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Has anyone experienced out-of-sync audio?

Last night, about 45 minutes after the show started, we were going to watch American Ninja Warrior on NBC. Under Home, one of the suggestions was ANW, showing it already in progress. Clicked on it and selected From Start. The episode started streaming, but the audio was at least two seconds behind the video. I tried pausing and playing, no help.

After about 15 minutes, I left the episode by selecting another channel to watch, then I went to Library, then Recordings and it showed ANW in progress. I selected that, the episode started where I'd left off and the audio was in sync.

I regularly watch Formula 1 racing on ESPN time shifted, and never have this problem.

·
Registered
5,449 Posts
Has anyone experienced out-of-sync audio?

Last night, about 45 minutes after the show started, we were going to watch American Ninja Warrior on NBC. Under Home, one of the suggestions was ANW, showing it already in progress. Clicked on it and selected From Start. The episode started streaming, but the audio was at least two seconds behind the video. I tried pausing and playing, no help.

After about 15 minutes, I left the episode by selecting another channel to watch, then I went to Library, then Recordings and it showed ANW in progress. I selected that, the episode started where I'd left off and the audio was in sync.

I regularly watch Formula 1 racing on ESPN time shifted, and never have this problem.
Yeah, I noticed last night during the interview with the New Orleans Saints kicker after the big win, the audio was off by a second or two. I thought it might be an ESPN technical issue with a live TV broadcast so didn't think much of it. I'm using a Roku Premiere+ (4630).

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hilarious

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is YouTube TV $5 more per month on an Apple device?

961 - 980 of 2255 Posts