AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an older Velodyne sub which doesn't have the same type of connection port as the newer subs. The connection is done by running the front speakers wires through the sub and then another set of wires back out of the sub and into the FL/FR connection of the receiver. Two questions:

1. When running the YPAO the receiver says I don't have a sub hooked up. Of course the reason is because of the way it's hooked up. It there any way to run the YPAO and have it recognize the sub & adust its settings with this setup?

2. With this type of setup hookup how should the LFE/bass out be set? BOTH, SWFR or FRONT?

·
The Village Idiot
9,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wish /forum/post/17050461

I have an older Velodyne sub which doesn't have the same type of connection port as the newer subs. The connection is done by running the front speakers wires through the sub and then another set of wires back out of the sub and into the FL/FR connection of the receiver. Two questions:

1. When running the YPAO the receiver says I don't have a sub hooked up. Of course the reason is because of the way it's hooked up. It there any way to run the YPAO and have it recognize the sub & adust its settings with this setup?

2. With this type of setup hookup how should the LFE/bass out be set? BOTH, SWFR or FRONT?

I don't think the YPAO has settings that would allow for a sub with speaker level inputs to be recognized separate from you main speakers. When you run it with the sub on it activates the sub as well. The signals cannot be separated by the AVR.

The LFE setting in the AVR will have no effect on the sub. The only controls you have over the sub is the dials on the back. You should run YPAO with the sub off so it has no affect on the front speaker settings. You might try experimenting with setting your front 3 to small and up the cutoff point to 80hz - a good starting point - then set the sub to kick in at 80-90hz. Experimentation is the best way of figuring out what will sound best to you. You may end up with setting your speakers up manually for best results.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts