AVS Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings to all. I am getting ready to buy a sound-bar for my brand new Samsung 60 inch led. From reading many threads I have concluded that the ysp2200 seems to to be very high on peoples list as is the Sony 550. My question is this, is the ysp $450 dollars better than the Sony. I am also interested in the JVC TH-BA1. I can get that one for around 180-200 on eBay the Sony 550 is $320 on amazon and the ysp2200 is $799 everywhere. My room is 14x19 with the TV being opposite wall as the couch so about 14 feet away the 19 feet is side to side. There is a doorway leading to the kitchen that is 4 feet wide in the back right corner looking from the tv and is always open and the ceilings are 9 feet high. My goal is the best possible sound but I am not into paying more than double for the ysp if it is only slightly better that the Sony I am also interested in but leaning away from the jvc because it doesn't have the hdmi connections. thanks in advance for any advise

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
the Yamaha is worth the extra money over the Sony IMHO. I haven't used the TH-BA1 but have used the TH-BA3. The TH-BA3 comes with wireless surround speakers but I think the bar part of the TH-BA3 and TH-BA1 are similar. If that is the case I'd rank them as follows for sound quality.

Yamaha

JVC

Sony

IMHO, even though the JVC doesn't have HDMI it is worth the extra connections and a good universal remote to get the better sound quality over the Sony if you don't want to spend the extra for the Yamaha.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts