AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is from the YXY help introduction: The main benefit of this tool is if you have a front projection system, you can leave your projector memory set up for anamorphic sources (i.e. vertically squeezed.) When playing non-anamorphic DVD's you can simply size the window of the DVD player 33% taller than normal. It will then look like an anamorphic DVD to your projector. Similarly you can shrink a 4:3 shaped movie to take up the center portion of the 16:9 screen shape.

I'm wondering if there is a difference in image quality/clarity when squeezing the vertical resolution like that. It would be convenient to not have to resize the raster every time (which I don't mind too much), but the advantage to not squeezing the whole thing 16:9 to me is that the corner calibration on my projector is nearly impossible to get perfect, and with the movies being viewed in the center stripe the video catches the part of the raster that is calibrated best.

No reply necessary, but I'll mess around with it tonight and post anything useful. A lot of this subject might have to do with burn-in prevention and getting even wear on the tubes... need to start thinking about that before they get out of whack.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.