Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is what i want to do.

Have all video images be projected at the bottom of my 4:3 screen from my 4:3 projector. Then i will mask the top as appropriate for video image aspect ratio. I prefer the bottom, as this is a more comfortable height.

I know YXY can do this, i just need help with how to set it up. I have three video sources. WinDVD, DScaler, and Zoom Player. Do I need to set up a 9 settings in YXY? (4:3, 16:9, and widescreen for each video source)

I will be using Girder with my universal remote and would like to set things up so when i start any of the three video programs YXY automatically goes to the 4:3 window. Then with a key press from the remote I would like to cycle through the other Aspect ratios stopping at the one appropriate for the current movie.

When i played with YXY last night it seems like the hotkeys only worked when YXY had the focus, and not the other programs. If this is true then Girder must make this happen before it sends the hotkey, right?

Thanks for any help i can get.

Marc

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hi Marc,

The hotkeys for YXY are supposed to work even if it doesn't have the focus, but I've noticed that when dScaler is active it seems to eat all the keystrokes before YXY can see them.

You can create a separate hotkye combination for each of the settings you use.

You can use the "Save Setting As" feature to clone one setting to another one, so you don't have to reconnect the name of the program to manage etc. You just have to tweak the location you want.

-- Jim F.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.