Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyboy, I have juast install windvd 4.0 but it's not work with yxy

yxy not move the overlay but the control panel of windvd, somebody have a solution?????

Bye

Crug

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
If you're using WinXP, then WinDVD 4.0 maybe using the Video Mixing Renderer filter. Just a brief background, the VMR is a new way to allow multiple video streams to be displayed simultaneously. That's were the mixer part of the name comes from. Another feature of the VMR is that it can render video across multiple displays. For example, if you have two monitors it would be possible to display half the image on one screen and half on the other. This is something that many people with projectors have been requesting from some time, and which has always been difficult or impossible with overlays. Unfortunately, YXY will not affect the output of the VMR. If you force WinDVD to use the overlay instead of the VMR, then YXY should work fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by JoeFloyd
If you force WinDVD to use the overlay instead of the VMR, then YXY should work fine.

How can I do to do this????

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have try to install eindvd 4.0 in win me but it always doesn't work fine with yxy, then somebody got other suggets???

CRUG

·
Registered
50 Posts
YxY compatibility problem with WinDvd 4 ... this is desastrous

that little app is so great ... it does only a few fonctions and that just great

i use it all the time !

maybe we could convince (beg) Jim Ferguson (the conceptor of YxY) to add support for WinDvd 4 ...

looks like he pushed that project aside since a while ... let's hope he can help us out

... plz Jim

ps

let's bump that thread until he saves our lives

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
Hi Guys,

Wish I could help. I haven't used WinDVD in years. I'm a confirmed TheaterTek user. I'm not even set up so I can compile the YXY program at this point. Work commitments have made it so I can barely watch movies let alone work on free software :(

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Jim Ferguson

Wish I could help. I haven't used WinDVD in years. I'm a confirmed TheaterTek user. I'm not even set up so I can compile the YXY program at this point. Work commitments have made it so I can barely watch movies let alone work on free software :(
Thank you very much

·
Registered
50 Posts
i'm sorry to ear that Jim ... i understand :(

any chance you could let someone else work on YxY ? ... i would be happy to give it a shot ...

my HTPC is set in such a way that i need to set the bottom of WS movies images at a specific height ... YxY was my solution !

in any case, thx for work you did

ciao ... Martin

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
cyran0,

You might try ZoomPlayer which has some of the features of YXY built in. If you're not familiar with ZoomPlayer, I think you'll find that it's a great application. A little more complicated than a stand alone DVD player, but much more powerful. It uses your existing DVD decoding software (Directshow Filters) so your investment in WinDVD 4.0 won't go to waste. And it should be possible to have a filter graph that uses the Overlay surface rather than the VMR.

·
Registered
50 Posts
JoeFloyd :

for some reason, ZoomPlayer is not stable with my setup ... i tried many filter combinations ... i guess i'll stay with WinDvd 3 :(

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Cyran0:

___TheaterTek has all the functionality of YXY plus more given Andrew (coder of TheaterTek) helped write some of the later code for YXY. It is definitely worth the investment for both the great native Ravisent decoder and the “not in your face†interface ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___Hunt Club Farms Landscaping Ltd.

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xcel
Hi Cyran0:

___TheaterTek has all the functionality of YXY plus more given Andrew (coder of TheaterTek) helped write some of the later code for YXY. It is definitely worth the investment for both the great native Ravisent decoder and the “not in your face†interface ;)

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___ [email protected]
Not if like me you need audio software decoding.

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi William:

___And the title of the thread is … “Yxy Not Work With Windvd4.0†and not “Need audio software decodingâ€. AR control from TheaterTek is second to none.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
5,341 Posts
Actually it is second to Zoomplayer... No adjustable blanking in TT.

And before anyone makes any snide comments, I own TT, I use ZP.

Vern Dias

·
Registered
8,441 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by xcel
Hi William:

___And the title of the thread is … “
Yxy Not Work With Windvd4.0†and not “Need audio software decodingâ€. AR control from TheaterTek is second to none.

___Good Luck

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___ [email protected]
OK Wayne how is this. I use WinDVD 4 because I need audio software decoding to my Delta 410. I need YxY for standard and non enhanced letterbox DVDs because I use a DILA with an ISCO2 lens. TT will not do both so I need YxY to work with WinDVD 4 or TT to decode DD and DTS.;)

·
Registered
4,310 Posts
Hi Vern:

___Actually, I cannot 1 – pixel match the AR of the overlay to my display without the highlighted border of TheaterTek … Zoom Player sports a very slight purple line (unless I am missing a setting once again) but I can’t quite make it out on all 4 corners at their extremes with a non-Square pixel custom T&R. With TheaterTek, this is child’s play.

___PS: I also own both TheaterTek and ZP :D

___William, I feel for you … With this thread I discovered the YXY incompatibilities with WinDVD 4.0 as well. I doubt either Andrew or Jim will give any more time towards YXY but it sure was a great program for so many of us over the last almost two years :(

___Good Luck

William: As an edit: I have been unsuccessfully trying to use Windows last position/size memory for screen position with WinDVD 4.0. This doesn’t work corretly with this version of WinDVD either. WinDVD 4.0 would be a pretty hot little HTPC app if it had a blanking and YXY feature. Blight might be able to incoroporate the proper filter graph into ZP which may help you out but from my use of 2.60, it is not in the cards with this version anyway. Even the defaults under ZP 2.60 are not correct in that I cannot get DTS from either disc or rip of a DTS DVD I am playing back right now :( In its present form, (without YXY AR and blanking support) WinDVD 4.0 is unuseable for me as well …

___Wayne R. Gerdes

___ [email protected]

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hi,

The WinDVD 4.0 filters work flawless with ZoomPlayer in my setup. I own a sblive card and i get dd and dts by using the "WinDVD v3 for Default waveout device" graph

Ralph

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.