AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am very happy with my 1HD other than this...

When I first turn on the projector, from either complete power-off or standby, and play any random DVD, sometimes the image (either still or motion) will 'bounce' or 'jump' several inches up and down at a rate of about three cycles per second until the component cable going to the projector is disconnected, or the Iscan is switched from component to RBG output and back again (either method effectively breaks the signal). This is completely random from what I can tell...it only does this about 40% of the time when I start it up. It can be quickly (albeit only until the next startup) corrected, but it is disturbing.

Here is the layout of the video chain....

Sanyo Z1/1HD Projector

^

Precision Video VGA-Component breakout cable 2M (Tried a different cable here - same thing)

^

Iscan Plus (outputs 480P) (used in another rig - looked fine)

^

Standard Premium Monster Cable S-Video 1M (used in another rig - looked fine)

^

Panasonic DVDA-120 (outputs 480I) (used in another rig - looked fine)

Could this be a Macrovision or grounding issue? Any help or comment would be appreciated!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Ben,

I hope someone figures it out, because I was going to purchase an iScan Pro for use with the Z1 when I get one. I will be using a Yamaha 5-disc DVD changer (480i) and Motorola Digital Cable box plugged into the iScan.

Let's see if anyone has any suggestions. -Dan

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it may be some type of small (thus random) sync issue between the Z1 and the Iscan, because it does not seem to do it when I feed the DVD player directly into the Z1 via either component or svideo. The trouble is, the picture quality is not as good using the Z1's internal processor. This could be isolated to my unit, but my Iscan has worked fine with CRT monitors.

Any other ideas other than shopping for a new processor/scaler? :)

·
Premium Member
7,419 Posts
Have you played with any of the synch settings in the PJ?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Can you set the iscan to 480i and let the pj do the scaling to see if the iscan is at fault? Not sure if scaling is the proper term and this is just a wild guess so be gentle. Good luck.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cpc: No...are those settings 13, 14 and 15 in the service menu?

John.... The Iscan only outputs 480P. However, I have connected the DVD player directly to the projector and the problem goes away. The image is not as good though.

I have used this Iscan with a monitor and it looks fine...

I am thinking perhaps the devices have a different grounding potential (I have them connected to a Monster Cable PowerCenter HTS2000 - maybe it's faulty).

Either that, or the Iscan is not syncing with the Z1 for some odd reason. I'm sure several of you folks use an Iscan plus with a Z1 without issue?

I should note that this fluttering seems to happen more often when the projector's ac has been cut via the power switch on the back, and less often when booting up from standby.

The biggest clue (I think) is that severing the video connection and reconnecting it 'hot' solves the problem 'till next time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.