AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am running PS 3 and 960 x 540. I changed the V and H numbers to identical numbers posted in the Z1 manual for one of the 1024 x 768 resolutions, and text seems to be a lot more stable. I am at like 42 h and 75 refresh. Is this ok still shows wide thru and DVD playback with windvd 4 looks good very clear. Also I am using a AMD xp 1700. The numbers posted by Karnis all jittered extremely on my PJ, I about went blind trying to read text and stuff. Any help with proper setting for this projector are appreciated been just shooting in the dark to figure this out. Thanks....

·
Registered
222 Posts
rizzo,

i too recently set up my z1 with an htpc. i have an amd 1800 using a radeon 9100. i have downloaded powerstrip and have used the following setting provided by another avs member and they work very well for me. btw i am using powerdvd xp.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/attac...380&fullpage=1

give it a try and let me know how you make out

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried those and desktop is not on screen complete also a lot of noise in the text and screens moves like flickering. I used 960 x 540 total pixel 1184 instead of 1104 and H= 65.24 V=75.03. These H and V values are listed in manual for a MAC resolution. Is this ok text looks much better and movie playback seems ok. Rizzo...... Or do use 60mhz for film and not worry about jittering text use diff res for desk top view. Rizzo.........

·
Registered
63 Posts
Rizzo,

The jittering text is because you haven't tweaked the 'fine sync.' I sounds like you also need to adjust the horizontal and vertical positions on the Z1 to show the whole desktop.

BTW, is anyone have any success with non-60Hz refresh. I've tried 50Hz for PAL and 47.9... for NTSC and found them more jerky than 60Hz - perhaps the Z1 converts them all to 60Hz before displaying?

_

·
Registered
72 Posts
I believe the native refresh rate of the lcd panels in the projector is 60Hz. Other refreshrates will be converted by the proj.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.