AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently tried to tune my Z1 (actually the boxlight 1HD) using the Avia DVD. To my dismay, the end result of this process had me turning contrast to nearly zero, brightness to around 39, and colors jacked almost to the maximum. Now, perhaps its the "Misty Evening" paint that I put on my projection surface, but does this seem odd to anyone else? Perhaps I misunderstood the verbal instructions on the DVD about the tuning process. My theater room is essentially lightless and I also did the tuning at night with all the lights off. Has anyone else here attempted to tune the picture using the Avia DVD? If so, what kinds of results did you end up with?

I was a bit "puzzled" at the color tuning part (the one with the three color bars -- red, green, and blue). Was the goal of this to make the 0db colored square match the gray background when peering through the colored lens? I suppose it could also be that the Misty Evening has darkened the picture too much. Anyhow, any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave

·
Registered
32,172 Posts
I find the brightness and contrast are moved very little from defaults when using Avia.

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
I'm with Rogo on this one. Even when tweaking RGB, color and tint settings almost never change from default. There is SOME slight adjustment with brightness and contrast, but not much. I'm using an untreated Parkland Plastics screen, and it could be that the default Z1 settings are designed for projection on a white surface, but I'm not sure.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.