AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Due to a 7ft 4 inch ceiling and two rows of seating(second row on an 8" riser). I want the projector as high as possible. My screen will be a 106" diag(52x92) about 9 inches below the ceiling so I need the center of the lens above the top of the screen. Originally I was thing of getting a L500, but I need the lens shift so now I'm thinking Z2. Would the vertical lens shift work in my case?

Thanks

Legairre

·
Registered
546 Posts
Probably not. The shift (at least on the Z1) only allows you to move the picture as low (or high) as the top (or bottom) of the lens.

My screen is 1 foot below the ceiling. My Z1 is suspended upright from the ceiling. I have the maxium shift down, and the top of the lens is 10 inches from the ceiling. It should be 1 foot, but my basement isn't level. The whole projector (excluding the mount which is below) is a little over 12.5 inches below the ceiling.

If your screen top is 9 inches below the ceiling, your projector will be about 12-13 inches below the celing.

Only invite short people to watch movies.

·
Registered
7,143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ktak,

You may be right. Check out the this link I found. there's a link to a video demo of the Z2's lens shift at the bottom of the page. The projector is sitting on a table with the lens lined up with the bottom of the screen and the image is shifted up 1/2 a screen height. Now if the projector is up side down and ceiling mounted that would shift the image down 1/2 a screen height. I only need about 9 inches so it should be plenty.

Z2 Grobi transaltion

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.