Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Z1 owners,

If you press no show, how is black uniformity. The Z1 I saw had a faint red patch at the top of the screen when projecting black. I was wondering if this is normal or common or within spec?

Also how many of you see vertical banding ( however faint ) ?

Thanks

Matt.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Uniformity is almost perfect (for a LCD).

Vertical banding is present (since I'm educated to "view" LCDs, I see it on ALL LCD pj) but perfectly forgetable when immersed in the movie's action :)

The VB visibility seems however quite dependent of source: it's more visible with some prog scan players.

The worse of this pj is very bad deinterlacing.

Anyway, this is an excellent pj with amazing oversaturated colors and deep blacks, the more recommendable LCD pj.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i haven't seen any vertical banding on my z1. using a panasonic rp91 prog scan dvd player.

and black uniformity seemed fine

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by car_rod
The worse of this pj is very bad deinterlacing.
So, what's the best way around this deinterlacing issue? I will be using S-video quite a bit for Dish Network viewing. Also, the PS2 sends out 480i over it's component cable.

It is so frustrating to try and find an entry level FP that does not have some kind of major snag. I've ruled out DLPs at this point and was getting excited about the Z1.... :(

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Quote:
It is so frustrating to try and find an entry level FP that does not have some kind of major snag. I've ruled out DLPs at this point and was getting excited about the Z1....
Interesting you'd suddenly change your mind or put so much value into one person's comments.

If I say the de-interlacing is great will you then change your mind again?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by rlindo
Interesting you'd suddenly change your mind or put so much value into one person's comments.

If I say the de-interlacing is great will you then change your mind again?
Ouch! Didn't mean to upset you.... :(

Actually, this was not the first I had heard that the Z1 was not the best at deinterlacing. This has come up several times in the Z1 vs. X1 threads.

Looking forward to the ProjectorCentral review today.....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.