AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I wanted to watch the Dirty Dozen tonight...

I flipped on the power switch, dropped the front door, and poked the button on top to fire up the Z1, which I have learned to love over the past two months by the way.

Except tonight, the fan doesn't turn on and the lamp bulb blinks red, on and off, on and off. I power cycle the thing several times. And eventually I pull out the lamp housing and reinstall it. No dice. Blinking red light, no fan noise, no lamp love. Sucks.

I have a call into Sanyo but I was wondering if anybody else has experienced this problem? If so, any help would be appreciated. I'll post up what Sanyo tells me tomorrow or whenever I get through to them.

Thanks in advance for any replies or pointers,

Oren

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After phone tag with Sanyo, I sent the projector back FedEx. They picked up the tab. The replaced something or other inside and sent it back FedEx with Saturday delivery but it got here on Monday. So I'm back online, and working again. Nice service from Sanyo. Not sure what went wrong, but something sure did. And they fixed it. :)

Happily watching movies again,

Oren

·
Registered
339 Posts
Sweet. It's nice to know that service like this is available for the Z1. I just put one on order tonight... should have by this Friday! can't wait... and if something goes wrong (knock on wood!) it's just nice to know there's a quick turnaround like you experienced.

Jorge

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah, I agree. Sanyo got a bonus point in my book for handling my situation quickly, professionally, and with minimal hassle on my end. I'm quite pleased. Thank you Sanyo.

Oren

PS: Haven't had any kind of problem since. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.