AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Recently my 3yrs old Z1 is showing moving lines that moves sometimes up, down, left or right when I used the VGA connector or component. Those lines will appears immediately after I turn on the projector and will slowing get better after 15 to 30 mins and then will come back again after another 15 to 30 mins. However, using the Video in seems to be ok. At first, I suspect it was caused by the cable but after trying out multiple cables, the same problem occurs. What could be the cause? Another thing I notice is that in eco mode, sometimes the fan will start blowing harder and the lines will appears again too. Anybody encounter this problem and maybe have a solution?

Thanks.

·
Registered
77 Posts
It may be a groung loop, they can be a bitc* to find. Do you have anything new pluged in on the same circuit as the projector? If so unplug it, also unplug any thing or the circuit you dont need. Good Luck. Do a google on "ground loop".

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Take a look at this thread

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=680031

Wavy lines are usually from interference not a ground loop.. Groundloops tent to have a scrolling bar moving vertically.

Try to re-seat your cables. I had this problem and found that one of my component cables was not completely seated (plugged in) all the way.

Maybe one of the connectors on the source (internally) or the pj are loose.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.