Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
904 Posts

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If this is Li On's setting he has the pj set to 960 X 540 at 60 Hz.

According to Sanyo's website the native resolution of this pj is 964 X 544 most likely at 60 Hz. Any reason not trying to get as close to native as possible?

I tried those settings you posted and the pj studders and I think my Radeon 8500 is straining and doesn't like that setting at all.

http://www.sanyo.com/business/office...?productID=445

· Registered
904 Posts
My Radeon 9000 Pro "sometimes" stutters at 960x540 or 964x554, But thats due to WinXP doing something in the backround during an initial boot. It will usually clear up after a reboot.. just havent had time to tweak it yet

mcplaza has posted some stuff about powerstrip,The Z1 and the 964x554 rez, but unfortunately I forgot to save the thread and can't seem to find it..

· Registered
222 Posts
turbo,

can you post a screen shot of your powerstrip settings.

my current setting also results in slight stuttering. when running at 1280X768 do you eliminate all your stuttering?

· Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am not using powerstrip. I go into display properties of windows and change the resolution there. I had the same problem. Try all the windows standard reses. start at 640X480 and go up as high as your setup allows. See if the problem still persists throughout the range of all reses. I have a Sanyo Z1 and couldn't get rid of a horizontal scan line that would appear on fast moving scenes. If you want to see if you have the same horizontal scan line, run XMEN, goto chapter 8, the scene where Rogue and Wolverine get acquintated, and they are talking in Wolverine's truck. Look over both of their sholders at the background moving fast. Watch throughout this whole scene until Wolverine hits the log. Oooof. If you see the scan lines outside the window, you have the same probem I did. Its the resolution. I was using the Powerstrip and tried alot of reses and the problem was still there. I went thru the standard windows reses and found that 1280X768 got rid of the scanline and image looks perfect in size and in detail. I think your problem as well as eveyone eleses lies in the res and a windows driver and a video card to display it properly.

· Registered
222 Posts
turbo 1

thanks for the info

I actually just set up the settings posted by Breakstuff and it looks great!! i am using a radeon 9100 which is basicallly a newer version of the 8500

I will check out those clips you mentioned

· Registered
3,534 Posts
Turbo, is the scanline problem also visible on a regular computer monitor? If not, it would seem that the Z1 is not "buffering" the image properly...too bad Sanyo doesn't do firmware updates.

· Registered
222 Posts
Is anyone using ffdshow with their Z1?

What settings to you have it configured to?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.