AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Two Questions. Now that everyone has a Z1. What are your settings like? IN particular what are you settings for Gamma, Contrast, and Brightness.

Alos has anyone gotten a copy of the service manual, so we can know how to navigate the service menu?

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
I bumped gamma up to 9 or 10. the rest of the primary settings were dead bang from the factory. cool. i only lowered contrast/white level 3 notches but that is just because I prefer to have that spectrum of the picture a little toned down so it is easier on the eyes.:)

I would love to see a copy of ther service manual. Next time I dick around wiht the pj I will go into the menu and see what's up.

·
Registered
376 Posts
The are quite close from the box.

I have adjusted gamma to maximum (12 I think), set gamma to flat on the HTPC. Contrast I think from memory 34, brightness 32.

I have selected the mid col. temp, but is a little to blue so I have backed of blue by 2 notches.

Don't really know what to make of the autogrey scale and auto flesh feature, turned them off anyway.

I have no ambient light.

·
Registered
122 Posts
my setup

- Sanyo Z1

- 72x40.5 16:9 DIY screen

- Panasonic RP56 (prog. scan)

- python progressive scan cables

- sitting from the screen at ~ 16 feet

Ran through the avia configuration and found that other than the sharpness (which I had to bump up but not completely sure about) most of the other settings were pretty much dead on right out of the box - impressive.

After careful reading of my dvd and projector manual I've found that best results are with the following dvd player settings

- progressive scan

- cinema mode

- 16:9

- blacks - darker

and the following projector settings

- screen size: full

- no horizontal lense shift

- minimal vertical lense shift

- cinema image (more film like IMHO)

some questions:

- is it better to have auto in the video system selection or explicitly set it to 480p for prog. scan?

- how does one get to the service menu (and what does it provide)?

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
i have noticed no diff with the auto greyscale and flesh tones when I tried them out for a little bit. i have them off.

·
Registered
19 Posts
i have my Z1 running componant in from a Sony Dvpns-900V Sacd/dvd player, I have found the picture is just superb .

I havnt felt the need to play with the settings for Dvd YET ,I use Cinema mode and the settings on the Z1 are all factory. The screen is a 2.3m widescreen Draper Luma pull down.

I have made 2 custom settings specially for the X-Box (Gamma level up 2or3 clicks and similar for colour and contrast)

I have found the fan is actually pretty quiet,it does speed up if its Hot in the room , its been in the mid hi 30s (90s) here and i could hear it then but only if the soundtrack was quiet too. If the room is in the low 20s (70s) you will never hear it,(unless you watch in silence of course)

dave e

·
Registered
14 Posts
Got the same equipment and settings as davee but i´m also playing around with an iScan pro connected to my Z1.

Anyone got some suggestions about the settings on the projector when using an iScan?

·
Registered
7 Posts
does anybody ever try feeding this pj from s-video? how is the image quality look like compared to other projectors/VPs?

i am planning to use svideo for awhile until i build an HTPC.

thanks in advance!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Yes i have and i do not recommend it. The colours are bleeding, especially red but if you´re just using it untill you have the HTPC, sure, why not.

Compared to other PJ´s....pretty good i guess, if you compare to others in the same pricerange.

·
Registered
14 Posts
contrast 33

Brightness 29

colourtemp. medium

red 33

green 30

blue 31

gamma 13

sharpness 5

Everything else at Deafault-setting..

Feeding the pj with 576p.

no visible screendoor and exellent picture :D

·
Registered
354 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by khans
- python progressive scan cables
What do you think of those Python component cables? They are such a bargain, I just ordered two sets. I figure they are worth it even if only use them for a few months until I settle on something better.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.