AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I purchased my Z1 I was under the assumption that it had a 3 year warranty. 13 months later I am in need of service and looking at Sanyo's web site they state that all LCD projectors have a 3-year warranty except the Z1 which has a 1-year warranty. Is this correct ? I've looked through all the documentation that came with the unit but there is no mention of the warranty anywhere. I've been unable to get a call back from my dealer or from Sanyo and I'm starting to get worried that I will be paying for service on top of the second replacement bulb I need to purchase....

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I guess I'll just have to wait for my dealer to get around to calling me back....

One other question maybe you could answer. My dealer told me during a previous call that turn around time on repairs was approximately 2 weeks and there was no such thing as Sanyo's guaranteed 3 day turn around. Does this sound correct ? Sorry for seeming ignorant but its been over a year since my purchase and I can't remember everything I learned will researching my purchase..

Thanks again..

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Disregard my last post.... I just found a Sanyo product info sheet for the Z1 and it clearly states that the warranty is 3 years and while under warranty they offer the quick repair program. Apparantly sanyo has an error on their web site and my dealer better figure out a faster way to service my unit.....

·
Registered
2,039 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by snide
Disregard my last post.... I just found a Sanyo product info sheet for the Z1 and it clearly states that the warranty is 3 years and while under warranty they offer the quick repair program. Apparantly sanyo has an error on their web site and my dealer better figure out a faster way to service my unit.....
Sounds like your dealer needs to get their head out of their butt. Mostly for not calling back a customer ... they must not care much for your future business ... shame.

Anyhow ... Sanyo doesn't have anything other than a QRP repair program (best effort 72 hour turn around). Even non-warranty repairs are attempted to be completed within 72 hours.

The last 3-4 repairs I have seen go into Sanyo have been turned around within 2 days (plus the overnight shipping both ways).

They may be hard to get a hold of on the phone ... but they sure know how to turn around a repair.

On a side note ... 'MAYBE' your dealer said 2 weeks because they knew Sanyo may not have a part you need for the repair ... but that is just grasping at an excuse.

If you have a hard time getting in touch with anyone over there ... let us know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
i'm buying a (5 day old) used Sanyo Z2. If I need to do warranty work on it what documentation do I need to have? I'm assuming that I need a receipt but this is a private sale. Can I use his old receipt or how does that work? Sorry for such a stupid question but I've never needed to do warranty work before and this is the most expensive piece of electronics i've ever bought...

thx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.