AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
I'll give this a try for you if I can this week.

I have a DTC-100 driving my Mits in the family room, my z2 is due to arrive Wednesday for the basement theater.

No promises, I'm trying to get the theater done for superbowl, but I will try my best for you.

·
Registered
73 Posts
I don't have the RCA, but I cannot see any reason why it would not work perfectly. Obviously, you would need to use the component connections for the HD image. So if you're using the Z2's component for a DVD player already be prepared to switch them.

·
Registered
520 Posts
The DTC100 uses VGA out. I also don't have a Z2 (but might soon -- still trying to decide between it and the Panasonic PT-L500U). Anyway, I believe the DTC100 will work as long as you have the upgraded firmware and you select the Short 770.3 timing under monitor setup. Although from what I read the Z2 doesn't have a VGA input (I'm still kind of dumbfounded by this? is it really true?). So you would still need to separately purchase either a VGA to DVI adapter or a VGA to component transcoder.

·
Registered
688 Posts
I own 4 dtc100 in my house :)

Weird thing is its output 1080i, but HD source and regular_scaled up source are difference in term of sync(?)

I have CRT NEC PG9100, no problem with DTC100

Then Plus DLP UP100 - only sync with true HD channels (HDNet, HBOHD,..) not sync with regular channels (that scaled up to 1080i)

Then my current NEC LT260K - sync nicely with both HD and non_HD

I did try hook it up to my Flat panel LCD PC monitor same issue happen on the Plus DLP.

So try it out before lay $$

BTW: whatever setting on dtc100 for monitor still not help

Regards

Thuan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.