AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:mad: I have the Z2 hooked to a HTPC with the Radeon 9200. For some damn reason I cannot get an image when connected via DVI. Initially when I set things up using a 5M DVI cable, I had a signal. I have since purchased a high quality 7.5M cable and now cannot get an image from the projector.

Now I know the first thing you will say, "its the cable", however, I have also hooked the 5M one back up and got the same result. I also tried my 9000 Pro from the upstairs PC (with the 7.5M cable) and it worked fine (so I don't think it is the cable)

If I re-boot the PC I can see the WinXP splash screen for second and then it goes to blue screen. I can get into safe mode, but as soon as I boot into normal, no signal. This is the second 9200 as I thought the first one had gone bad, but now I'm not so sure.

For God's Sake ask your question!

Is there a known issue with the 9200 and the Z2 "talking" to each other. A friend of mine thinks the card is trying to send a VGA signal instead of the DVI and that is why the blue screen (i'm not hooked via VGA)

I tried un-installing the card from safe mode where device manger was reading it as the right card. Upon the reboot, I got into Windows as the card was re-found, but when I tried to reboot again, BAM!, no signal :mad:

Is this card just a POS that is great for VGA, but sucks for DVI, or is there some tweak I need to do to make it work? Do I just need to buy another 9000 Pro and call it good?

Any advice would be appreciated as I'm getting antsy to watch movies and show off to the neighbor. Also, I'm still considered a newbie so please use layman's terms. Thanks.

·
Registered
4,273 Posts
Set Input 2 to RGB HDCP DVI and not RGB PC Digital DVI. That should work. I believe this is common to many people. After a week or so I went to try PC digital for the s&g's of it and it's worked ever since (not sure if powerstrip changes made the dif or not). However the HDCP seems to be more forgiving. I can't tell a difference quality wise between the two.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hello,

I think its some problem with the latest Cat V4.1. Try Cat V3.10.

Its problem to get the DVI-D recognized by the ATI card.

To get DVI-D working with V4.1 I did the following.

1/ DVI-D working with V3.10

2/ Ugrade to V4.1 (only DVI-D connected)

3/ Powerstrip to get 1:1

4/ Maked 2 shortcuts in ATI Control Panel to get only DVI-D

and another to get only DVI-A.

First after that I could switch between Analog and Digital connection i Catalyst V4.1. Otherwise I was stuck to DVI-A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.