AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating a ceiling mount for a Z2 and for convenience, will mount the projector in front of the seating area.

The mount would be 11.5 feet front the screen, and the "prime seat" would be about 13-14 feet from screen.

I was concerned that the unit would not respond to the remote control, if the sensor was not in line of sight with the remote.

Is this really a problem? If so, any ideas how to correct it? I would not want to cut power to the unit with a switch, as I guess it still needs power for the fan to cool off.

I guess I could just get up...but not as elegant. I could also run one of those IR extender things (like hot link pro ) to my electrical closet, but I am not sure if it is long enough---is see this as an option, but would likt any other ideas.

Thanks,

Pierre

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by majozx3
my arrangement is similar to yours , except 3 more feet to the back and the remote works flawlessly. even better than from the front

you should be fine
Ah...I love that answer

Does being behind the projector cause some time of light leak from the back or sides of the projector that maybe distracting?

Pierre

·
Registered
904 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Mine is shelf mounted just above my head at 14' back and the remote is very iffy, most of the time I have to point it up at the pj to make it respond. I need to get my Pronto programmed so I will have a stronger IR blast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.