Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm doing a homemade ceiling mount kit.

Anyone knows what screw size it requires?

I guess it's in metric.

Thanks.

Pitou!

·
Registered
306 Posts
no prob's

if you get long enough screws, you won't have to remove the PJ to clean the air filter.

just a thought.

good luck

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Also, if you cut out your mounting plate to follow the contour of the PJ, you can still get to the filter. My PJ (Z1) just about touches the plate as if it were sitting on a table, but I'm still able to slide the filter out.

Bobby

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah, Bobby it was your post some time ago that got me thinking.

I thought if I didn't use a cut out then there would be less dust settlilng on the PJ.

The way I have it set up is the plate extends 1.5 inches at the back of the Z2. My thinking was that dust usually settles vertically, so by eliminating that route for the dust It would be better for the filter.

So if you have an extra long bolt at the back you can just loosen that enough so you can take out the filter for an air-blast.

I don't know if it make any difference but I have not had a dust blob yet.

Zed

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I'm just guessing, but I don't think dust necessarily settles into the PJ. It's probably moreso SUCKED into the filter by the fan. If you think it helps, that's cool too, but I don't want to mess with the position at all. If I had to, I would probably clean the filter about half as much.. and THAT is bad.

Bobby

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.