AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't seem to get the screen capture to work(to generate a user startup screen). I'm using dvi-d. Whenever I try it, it just displays the exclamation mark. Is the feature available for dvi inputs?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I tried it with component and it didn't work so I thought it had to be a computer signal. Is it looking for a certain resolution? Or does it have to be a still image?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Marissad, needs to be a still image. I did one on my computer, put it on a DVD and captured it. Nice!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Its the resolution

Set it to 800x600 when You do the capture and it should work.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
A still image, that explains it, I was trying to capture an image from a DVD while it was playing - DOH!

·
Premium Member
5,305 Posts
How does the projector store (save) the image?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm talking from my memory, since I only did that once. There is an option from the User Menu that you only need to place a still image in yout PJ and then use the "Capture" option. I created an customized image in my computer, then created a DVD (may be a CD also), played the Still image or MPEG movie and at the desired image, press "pause". Then enter to the user Menu and "capture" the image. If I recall well, HD or Progressive images cannot be captured. Once it is done, you may access the image by pressing the "My Picture" button at the remote control. Also you may enter to the User Menu and exchange the default image for the PJ startup and use your own image. It is a very cool feature.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I was able to use [email protected] from my JVC 30K to capture a paused image from Bikini Destinations, but the image is stretched horizontally when it's displayed. Can an image that is 1280 x 720 be captured so it will be full screen?

·
Banned
962 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marissadad
I was able to use [email protected] from my JVC 30K to capture a paused image from Bikini Destinations, but the image is stretched horizontally when it's displayed. Can an image that is 1280 x 720 be captured so it will be full screen?
Progressive @ 480i? What do you mean by this. It can't be progressive and interlaced...

·
Registered
7 Posts
As a matter of interest, does anyone know if you can get back the rather nice Z2 startup graphic that comes as a default, or is that overwritten permanently when you capture an image of your own?

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
OK, 480P, what I meant was that I set my JVC to output all @ 480i, that's what I meant, can't you guys read my mind? ;-)

Set your startup back to default for the original screen.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I remember seeing one guy's startup capture, he photoshopped his head onto Arnold's body. Arnold is using that machine gun from the corp building from T2. It looked hysterical and he said others always got a kick out of that!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.