AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I`m very close to pulling the trigger on the Sanyo-Z2, My question to those who have seen both units..(please no speculations)..is how much better is the Z2 over the 300u? if any....by specs alone it doesn't seem a huge jump, but i am looking for the better resolution, primarily for HD material...while the 300u is a nice unit, i was never really happy with resolution from day 1, thus why i use an XGA unit for HD material...

·
Banned
962 Posts
I have seen the 300 do HDTV and it was AWESOME to my eyes. HD works out great on the 300 becuase the resolution is half of HD in both directions (they call it 1/4 HD due to half in both directions). I doubt you will be disappointed in its HD performance.

I am in a similar situation as you. But I've decided to go with the Z2 for several reasons. I won't be buying another projector for at least 4 years. So I wanted to buy the best I could afford. I also need lens shift. I'm not going to ceiling mount the projector so its a great feature to have so I can put it out of the way. Also, I wanted the extra contrast. And I decided that I wanted to have a HDCP compliant DVI input for the future if someone ever makes a good DVI dvd player.

I primarily watch DVD, so the extra resolution of the Z2 won't be that benneficial. I was very impressed with the 300 when I saw it. If you go that route you wont be unhappy, especially if you havnt seen any other projectors.

·
Registered
75 Posts
i have a Z2 and have seen alot of the 300. pixelization and VB is more noticeable on the 300. as for the 1/4 HD being easier to scale....i guess i dont really get the theory behind that supposedly being better.

the Z2 is a 720p so no scaling necessary from 720p hd sources so it looks fantastic.

as for a 1080i signal...i cant really tell much noticeable difference between the 2.

·
Registered
6,339 Posts
Quote:
I primarily watch DVD, so the extra resolution of the Z2 won't be that benneficial.
I thought the same thing before I got my z2 but it does offer a noticeable improvement. DVDs have more detail and clarity now.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If there isn't much difference in HD between the 2, it doesn't make sense for me to do the upgrade..The 300u is good enough for DVD`s, and i use a separate XGA Panny 711u for HD material....Which to my eyes is clearly better at 1024X 768...so why wouldn`t the Z2 be even better for HD? Seems logical that with higher pixel count, it would be even better than my 711u?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.