AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Very strange thing tonight...went to shut off my Z2 after watching for about 3 hours and it seems a software glitch prevented shutdown/standby. It wasn't the remote because it receives all the other commands and wouldn't soft shutdown from the button on the top of the projector either. The first push got the usual "are you shure you want to shutdown" message, but then the second push did nothing. I even tried partially closing the cover (only for a second) and it didn't shut down. I finally had to use the switch on the rear. I've got an original firmware model from the first batch (hard to believe it's almost two years old!) with @500 hours at low lamp mode. Hopefully it will start up tomorrow and/or nothing in the power supply was damaged by storms we had a few nights ago. Has this happened to anyone else? I'll let all know how it does when I start it up again this weekend.

Art T

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
So far I have not had a similar issue on my year old Z2, still going strong with no glitches or picture problems, great right out of the box :)

·
Registered
148 Posts
Yup happens to me too. Discussed a bit when Z2's first came out. Might be able to search the archives, but I don't remember any definitive "version x does this, version y does that..." or anything.

I've had my Z2 lock up as you describe about 3 or 4 times -- mine is about 18 months old too. Certainly one of the older versions.

The only time it has ever happened is after I was in the menu setting on the projector. I don't know accessing exactly what settings in what order causes the lock-up, but I have NEVER had it happen without access the projector's menu first.

I was really concerned when it was happening originally (when it was fairly new and I was still fiddling with settings all the time). In the last year it has only happened once, after 'accidental' menu fiddling by the kids. I was concerned when it originally was happening, but no more fiddling as resulted in no more lockups.

Now all I have to worry about with my Z2 is short life from expensive bulbs and early polarizer failure not covered by warranty :->

Rod.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks. She started up and ran and shut down fine last night, and I had actually been fiddling with the menu for the first time in ages the other day. So I'll just keep cleaning my filter three times a day (or every 1000 hours, whichever comes first) and hope my polarizer and bulb don't fail ;-).

Art T

·
Registered
432 Posts
I had this problem and sent it in to the service center for repair, as it got progressively worse. They replaced a resistor(#R304) and got new firmware(1.07). The problem has not happened since. If it keeps happening, don't hesitate, give them a call- I got mine back and was only without it for about 10 days total.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.