AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my z5500 for a while now and just intended for it to be used with my computer but i eventually hooked my tv up to it and it really is a good system for the money (i only paid $150) A few days ago i won a pair of pa-6f speakers on ebay for $70. Will the z5500 sound fine with the new speakers? I have read where some people replaced the satellites with floor standing speakers and said it didn't sound very good. If it wont i might consider buying a new sub and receiver in the future.

Also what would be a good center go along with the premiers? I know its better to stick to one brand but the pa-6c is around $200 and there's not to many available by themselves online.

thanks!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If i bought a new receiver could i possibly use the logitech sub with it? I wouldn't have enough to buy both

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are adapters on eBay that plug into the control pod port on the sub and expose a single RCA jack for connection to a receivers' pre-out. I don't have any experience with those adapters, but I am quite interested to see well they work.

For a bit more money, but possibly less than buying a new subwoofer, you could buy a plate amp from a site like parts-express and replace the stock Z-5500 amplifier.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts