Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everybody:)

I know that both projectors has got pretty good recommendations, however they are rather different. Here's some spec.

Z90

DLP

600 ANSI lumens

Contrast: 1200:1

SVGA 800x600

5 x speed color wheel

29 dB

M20X

DLP

1900 ANSI lumens

Contrast: 1000:1

XGA 1024x768

3x speed color wheel

37dB

Have anyone compared these two side by side?

If yes, what was your thoughts?

I'm planing to use my projector for DVD viewing and PC gaming.

Witch one do you think, would be best for me?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've purchased the Z90U and I feel that its one of the best projectors out there for the money. Check out my post called "Save your nickel and dimes".

·
Registered
4,735 Posts
I didn't compare them side-by-side, but I own the M20x (selling it to someone) and saw the Z-90 when it was introduced. These 2 are very different, so a lot of it depends on what is important to you. For me, 800x600 isn't even enough on my 36" TV/Monitor to use it with a computer so that rules out 800x600 unless it is really cheap. The black level will be better on the Z90 and the faster colorwheel may or may not matter to you. The M20x will be able to go quite a bit brighter which probably matters most if you have a room without light control. On the flip side the artifacts will probably be a little more in evidence because of the white segment on the colorwheel. I know that if a group of people saw both projectors there are people who would hands down pick the Z90 and others who would pick the M20x.

It also depends on your budget. If it were me and I preferred the image on the Z90, then I would consider spending the extra money to get something like the Mitsubishi LVP-1208 that is 1024x576 and was released in Japan recently. I think it is about $1k more than the Z90 there and I don't know when/if it will be released here.

--Darin

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.