1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
315 Posts
Is it just me or do all of those screen shots show a very distinct blue tint in the picture?

Best example of it is in the last shots which are from "Vertical Limit", and the snow should be very white, not ice blue.

Perhaps it is the digital camera settings or the projector settings, but either way, it makes for a very poor example of a projector with such high expectations.

------------------

WARNING: If I expressed an opinion that you might disagree with, please remember it is ONLY an opinion and "your mileage may vary".

My DVD Collectionc>

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
From another reviewing who took pictures of the Sharp 9000 in action he said it is the white balance? on the digital camera that causes the blue. It is not apparently on the projector. To bad the screen shots weren't taken in a higher resolution on the digital camera.

However after reading his comments, though a bit jumbled thanks to bablefish, it seems he is very happy with the picture and projector. The reds look red to me which is good like the Seleco which is known for its red reproduction.

Every screen shot I see makes me want to see the Sharp now http://www.avsforum.com/ubb/smile.gif Especially considering he has not changed any settings out of the box.

Spero D.

[This message has been edited by Spizz (edited 09-19-2001).]

·
Registered
704 Posts
One word of caution on judging the color of the snow, in the film clip from Vertical Limit. If you notice in the clip with the helicopter, it is an overcast day (clouds in the background) this will cause the snow not to be bright white, you will get a gray or bluish tone in the snow, on days like this. In skiing we call this flat light or no color distinction between anything on the ground. So this may not be the fault of the projector. I myself have not seen the movie so I'm not familiar with this scene. Just want to be sure all conditions are factored in before making conclusions. Bottom line is see this projector live, in person, before making any decisions.

IMHO.

------------------

Keith S.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Here's a screen shot from my Sanyo XP21N of a similar scene from Verticle Limit:

http://www.mohneyhomes.com/21N_A.jpg

The shirt should be white. The blue tint on the other screen shots probably are from an incorrect white balance setting. That is one problem with screen shots, getting the correct color reproduction. The other problem is the resolution is not adequate to capture the resolution details. The Sharp 9000 does provide an improvement in resolution over the XGA Sanyo, but any digital camera is not good enough to pick that up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.