AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
26,492 Posts
Finally, everyone will get to see that Zack Snyder's version was even worse than Joss Whedon's! :)

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Snyder is a huge talent, not everybody agrees on that, hope to see him being involved in lots of future projects.

·
Registered
280 Posts
Finally, everyone will get to see that Zack Snyder's version was even worse than Joss Whedon's! :)
I'm a lifelong Superman fan. I loved Christopher Reeve. I also loved Man of Steel. I enjoyed BvS. Justice League was hot garbage.

There is no way this will be worse. I, for one, am hoping that it is well received and that WB/DC continue on. It's interesting to note, but despite all the "negativity" involving the Universe Snyder built for movies, the first 6 films (MoS, BvS, SS, WW, JL, Aquaman & Shazam) out grossed the first 6 in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (IM, Hulk, IM 2, Thor, Cap, Avengers 1, IM3)

Now, I'm not remotely saying that the DC Universe has been better, but to hear people act like it hasn't been a financial success is laughable.

Social media played a big part in BvS taking a dive, on top of release timing. The longer version of that movie should have been released.

I'm excited. I'm hoping that this doesn't suck, and it can be built upon. I want more Henry Cavill as Superman.

·
Registered
28,980 Posts
https://www.gamesradar.com/justice-league-snyder-cut-cost-recut-hbo-max-bob-greenblatt/

HBO Max boss Bob Greenblatt has revealed more Justice League Snyder Cut details, not only giving a rough ballpark figure for how much the director's cut will cost but also offering a window into how it all came together and what we can expect from the re-release in 2021.

“It isn’t as easy as going into the vault and there’s a Snyder Cut there to put out,” Greenblatt said. “It does not exist. Zack is building it and it’s complex,” while also namechecking “new effects shots” as a particular focus for the director.

So, it’s not just going to be a slapped-together recut. Far from it. Greenblatt calls it “a radical rethinking of [Justice League] and it’s complicated and wildly expensive.”

Original reports stated the cost of the Snyder Cut was somewhere in the region of $20-$30 million. Greenblatt’s response? “I wish it was just $30m and [I'll] stop there!”
Guess the rumors were true about the Snyder Cut not existing. Anyway, at least Snyder is keeping his priorities consistent by focusing on new effects shots and keeping the budget wildly expensive.

·
Registered
26,492 Posts

·
Registered
4,356 Posts
Probably an unpopular opinion, but I have not found any of Zack Snyder's movies to be good. They tend to be long drawn-out snoozefests. The visual style is cool, but after a while it looks too fake/video'y with all the CGI. I'll be curious to see what everyone says about the Snyder cut.

A few Snyder highlights:

Man of Steel had a few good moments, but it falls apart in the final act.
His interpretation of Batman was excellent - the fight scene at the docks in Batman Vs. Superman IMO, is the best Batman fight portrayal to date.

·
Registered
JVC RS4500 | ST130 G4 135" | MRX 720 | MC303 MC152 | B&W 802D3, HTM1D3, 805D3, 702S2 | 4x15 IB Subs
8,396 Posts
So I'm confused. Just how different are we expecting a director's cut version of this to be? I mean the director doesn't create the script or story right? And all the scenes were already shot so it's basically got to be the same story right?

·
Registered
26,492 Posts
So I'm confused. Just how different are we expecting a director's cut version of this to be? I mean the director doesn't create the script or story right? And all the scenes were already shot so it's basically got to be the same story right?
It should be significantly different. After Snyder left, Joss Whedon rewrote, reshot, and re-edited a great deal of the movie. The studio hated what Snyder handed over, told Whedon the movie was completely broken, and instructed him to do whatever it took to fix it. Whether Whedon really did "fix" it is a matter of opinion, of course.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Man of Steel and BvS were both garbage. Took everything great about Superman and DC and threw it in the trash to make a movie to appeal to modern audiences love of constant conflict, drama, PC tropes, making everything dark and without hope, and just being different for its own sake.

Snyder is a hack who has no understanding of these characters.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
To me Man of Steel is a disappointment as being a superman movie. But i also consider it to be a fantastic superhero SF movie. The story was developed by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan who also was one of the producers, directed by Zack Snyder. Blame them if you do not like it...

·
Registered
620 Posts
Man of Steel and BvS were both garbage. Took everything great about Superman and DC and threw it in the trash to make a movie to appeal to modern audiences love of constant conflict, drama, PC tropes, making everything dark and without hope, and just being different for its own sake.

Snyder is a hack who has no understanding of these characters.
Spot on. I've only watched Man of Steel and rated it the worst movie I've seen in 10 years. I gave it 1/10 on imdb for lack of negative score options. Heavy handed, poor to no writing, endless boring explosions. I only watched it cause I loved Superman 1 with Chris Reeves. Even with ffdw the last 45 minutes I still felt like I've been watching it for hours.

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
To me Man of Steel is a disappointment as being a superman movie. But i also consider it to be a fantastic superhero SF movie. The story was developed by David Goyer and Christopher Nolan who also was one of the producers, directed by Zack Snyder. Blame them if you do not like it...
Goyer is the ultimate hack who has never written anything decent, has no understanding or respect of the things he adapts. He's been claiming the credit for Dark Knight when in fact he barely wrote any of it. He's in charge of the Foundation tv series which is a huge problem.

·
Registered
7,916 Posts
Goyer is the ultimate hack who has never written anything decent, has no understanding or respect of the things he adapts. He's been claiming the credit for Dark Knight when in fact he barely wrote any of it. He's in charge of the Foundation tv series which is a huge problem.
Man of Steel and Superman vs. Batman is mainly about Superman vs. General Zod/Lex Luther which we already have seen in Superman/Superman II and Superman Returns. Lots of that is rewriting old stuff. Which is also the case with The Dark Night (Batman vs. The Joker which we have seen before also). Those are remakes with pretence that it is original new and fresh..which it is not..
https://ew.com/article/2013/06/19/eneral-zod-terence-stamp-man-of-steel-superman-2/

1 - 20 of 26 Posts