AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You should not under any circumstances go out and buy /or order online a ZALMAN HD503. Basically you would have better value for your money by burning it and selling the ash.

This product is the biggest crock of **** and world of pain I have ever had the misfortune of using (try to) and buying in forty years of IT usage and trouble shooting.

The included software iMon and iMedian are old a way out of date. The cursor control is a joke as left/right have an up/down component as with up/down has a left/right component so positioning the cursor is like walking a tightrope that has be greased. The integration of the above packages is somewhere between crap and dam awful. You upgrade iMadian to the latest version and it plays DVD’s jerky, ok you waste an hour trying to sort it and find it is no longer support and has been replaced by some crap called “HD Frame”. This is incomprehensible and does not seem to be integrated in any way with iMon so the remote is as much use as a chocolate frying pan.

I have bought many Zalman products in the past and generally found them to do what they say on the box. But this is HD503 is a poorly nailed solution that is little more than an embarrassment to both Zalman and SoundGraph.

So I am returning this none functional COS&*** in the morning…

Save your money save your time and just get and ordinary desktop case and a Lenovo Mini HTPC PC Wireless Multimedia Keyboard Mouse Black-light N5902A.

Better value for money, better solution and no pain.

Very poor show Zalman and SoundGraph very poor show.

·
Registered
11,442 Posts
There's nothing to see here people, move along.

Just kidding of course but glad you could vent.

I suggest reading a few of the sticky threads above in selecting you equipment.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts
Don't install the Soundgraph media player junk. Throw the disc that came with the Zalman into the trash. Uninstall everything iMon/Soundgraph related and download and install the latest version of the iMon software from Soundgraph. Buy a wireless mouse if you want mouse control. Using mouse mode on a remote is not much different than if you were using the arrow keys on the keyboard.

I have both the iMon and a regular MCE IR receiver. I use the iMon to do certain macros, everything else is standard MCE control.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts