AVS Forum banner

3661 - 3680 of 3709 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
I Emailed support and got:-

Hello,

Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention. We are currently working on solving it and we will correct it in a future release. Please accept our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards,

·
Registered
1 Posts
image jirky

154/5000
hello ... I'm running on zappiti 4k hdr mini last fw
the problem is with 1080p movies (mkv, m2ts) every 10 minutes the image jerks for about 3 seconds/ the 4k movies are ok
i try this settings
Dynamic Range: Limitted (Settings / Display)
Deep Color: 10-Bit (Settings / Developer Options)
Color Space: Y'CbCr 4:4:4 (Settings / Developer Options)

These settings guarantee perfect shades in HDR gradients and a perfectly smooth picture on 23.976p HDR movies. Finally, these settings correct the problem of blacks gray on MKV encoded in HDR.

Since firmware version 3.15, the following settings can be used:

Dynamic range: Limited (Settings / Display)

Deep Color: Auto (Settings / Display) >> WARNING! On some TV, Auto mode ca generate some issues.

but nothing

Has anyone happened to that?
I have nearly the same: after 50 - 60 mins, the image jerks for 3 secons or is completely green.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Question here about Zapitti One SE HDR.
I've acquired my Zapitti about a month ago but until today I can't figure it out why device is not visible on local network. Windows 10 on my computer seem to be configured correctly since it can see my other networked devices including 2 NAS boxes. I have been trying to get help from product support but it is slow process and so far no luck. I've reseted device, restored firmware on OpenWRT. Still nothing. I'm not very familiar with Open WRT but seems that my Guest,WAN and LAN are not connected. Could someone help me and provide a screenshots or ideas to figure out which network settings need to be changed?

·
Registered
20 Posts
hi all, i am looking at getting a zappiti player but a bit confused on which one to get and what hdd options and connectivity method to use. i am planningn to burn some of my blu rays to a hdd.
after that is there a way i can just plug my hdd into my router and will the zappiti mini see it?
or do i have to splurge for the more expensive one and just plug my hdd in via usb ? is there any benefit doing that vs using an internal hdd inside the zappiti?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Question here about Zapitti One SE HDR.
I've acquired my Zapitti about a month ago but until today I can't figure it out why device is not visible on local network. Windows 10 on my computer seem to be configured correctly since it can see my other networked devices including 2 NAS boxes. I have been trying to get help from product support but it is slow process and so far no luck. I've reseted device, restored firmware on OpenWRT. Still nothing. I'm not very familiar with Open WRT but seems that my Guest,WAN and LAN are not connected. Could someone help me and provide a screenshots or ideas to figure out which network settings need to be changed?
Depends what you want to do
A couple of suggestions that work for me
download the windows Zappiti Video app, and if the player is switched on you should be able to access the player
use file explorer and type \\zappitiHDR and you should then find the drives connected to your zappiti

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
hi all, i am looking at getting a zappiti player but a bit confused on which one to get and what hdd options and connectivity method to use. i am planningn to burn some of my blu rays to a hdd.
after that is there a way i can just plug my hdd into my router and will the zappiti mini see it?
or do i have to splurge for the more expensive one and just plug my hdd in via usb ? is there any benefit doing that vs using an internal hdd inside the zappiti?
I don't use an internal drive
I connect my external hard drives to a USB hub, then plug the hub into my Zappiti One mini

·
Registered
5 Posts
Depends what you want to do
A couple of suggestions that work for me
download the windows Zappiti Video app, and if the player is switched on you should be able to access the player
use file explorer and type \\zappitiHDR and you should then find the drives connected to your zappiti
Thanks. That doe's not work

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
yes,it is.I have 2 NAS boxes visible on network but not zapitti
I am in the same boat. It used to work fine, then I moved, and since then I can't see it on my network.

Just to check, if you go to Zappiti explorer on your zappiti, and check the ZappitiShare directory, do your drives show up? They used to on mine, but no longer do. Almost as if SMB is not active on the Zappiti itself (shows enabled though).

Also, which ISP/router are you using? I'm using xfinity and going through an amplifi router. Before I moved I had google fiber, and while I had the amplifi router, all my devices were hard wired (I did try hardwiring the Zappiti with no luck).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes Zapitti sees my drives but not vice versa. My ISP is xfinity and modem feeds it thru old classic OOMA hub(VOIP) to TP Link google router. Funny thing Google wifi app on my phone sees zapitti but network can't see it. think I'm going to experiment over the weekend and try bypass OOMA thing see if that helps

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking at replacing my ageing Popcorn Hour box with a new media streamer and I'm considering a Zappiti device (probably a One or a Pro) and I just have a couple of questions:

1) Can I run the Zappiti without any internal storage and just stream from my existing media server (Windows box on a wired, gigabit network)? Or does it require at least some internal storage?

2) If I'm running the Zappiti like that, can I use the "Video" application on the Zappiti (and the iPad app) to browse the titles stored on my server with artwork etc. I read something that suggested that networked storage could only be accessed by the "Explorer" app, but I may have misread it?

3) The main difference between the One and the Pro seems to be the build quality and quality of components etc. and therefore hopefully higher quality output from the pro. Are there any other differences I should be aware of?

4) Is there anything else people think it would be worth me knowing before going for the Zappiti? Any gotchas or issues to be aware of etc.?

Thank.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Early days of testing for me but it looks like the new Zappiti Explorer update (I only downloaded it today) might have solved a very annoying problem I was having after the 3.15 update from last year. After that update I was finding I couldn't select chapters from DVD iso root menus. I would either have to double click on the remote very fast or just toggle away from the item and back to it....and just hope it might "take" the second or third time around. I would eventually be able to select a chapter but it was no where near the flawless it had always been prior to last year.

I was blaming Zappiti's 3.15 updates for this issue (because that is precisely when it all started) but they countered with the problem being because of the Realtek SDK updates. I left it at that after some back and fourth emails that got me nowhere. But now I find this updated Explorer and suddenly once again I can use the remote to access a chapter and it seems to work (mostly...but better than almost never).

This is on the 4K Mini btw.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hi,

I'm looking at replacing my ageing Popcorn Hour box with a new media streamer and I'm considering a Zappiti device (probably a One or a Pro) and I just have a couple of questions:

1) Can I run the Zappiti without any internal storage and just stream from my existing media server (Windows box on a wired, gigabit network)? Or does it require at least some internal storage?

2) If I'm running the Zappiti like that, can I use the "Video" application on the Zappiti (and the iPad app) to browse the titles stored on my server with artwork etc. I read something that suggested that networked storage could only be accessed by the "Explorer" app, but I may have misread it?

3) The main difference between the One and the Pro seems to be the build quality and quality of components etc. and therefore hopefully higher quality output from the pro. Are there any other differences I should be aware of?

4) Is there anything else people think it would be worth me knowing before going for the Zappiti? Any gotchas or issues to be aware of etc.?

Thank.
1) Yes, you can do this. I replaced my Popcorn with a Zappiti. The Zappiti expects separate movie and tv shared folders, and a specific naming format "movie name (year) (...optional stuff).ext" "tv show name S01E01.ext". Or you can get a NAS. You don't need a disk in or attached to the Zappiti to use it, but you can put one there.

2) the Zappiti has a Explorer (file based) app and a Video (movie wall) app with thumbnails, which it builds in the cloud by default and stores in a database called a "Collection". You can opt to run your own local server and store it locally. You can also run a PC version of the video app and build or edit the "Collection" database a bit easier, and also watch your movies, etc.

3) yes, the Pro has higher build quality, sound, etc.

4) Mostly what I've said here. You're already familiar with sending your stuff to a Popcorn so it's not really any different. Most of the complaints have been about ripping Blu-Ray ISOs and not having the menus work quite right, but that is true for pretty much every player until there's an update. Also if you rip a Blu-Rays be aware they are quite large. Your hard drive and network must support a decent transfer rate or you will have stuttering playback..no fault of the Zappiti.

Hope this helps,
Aaron

·
Registered
35 Posts
Hi,

Thank.
1) Yes. I have all my movies stored on a separate Windows 10 media server. Main issue is you still need to allow SMB1 on the Windows 10 box which is a security issue.
2) Using the Video application on the Zappiti you can browse with artwork and play back the movies. Zappiti automatically downloads artwork for movies when identifying them. You have the option to replace with your own images. There is a Zappiti Media Control app (I use one on a Android phone) that allows you to browse the same Video wall with artwork. If you have the Zappiti player on, the app also acts as a remote control to play the movie.
3) No. As far as I know, the functionality is the same.
4) There are certain annoyances that can be found discussed on these forums, but it's all a trade-off because there isn't a perfect player that I've found.

·
Registered
16 Posts

Thank.
I guess verify if you need a new device now or if you can wait for the next gen players to come out, as the chipsets in the current models are dated and will be replaced soon (supposed to have been last year). And if using a Synology, beware they have recently planned to retire SMB1 which Zappiti requires, though the decision has been postponed it's not likely to be longterm, so if you use a NAS or rely on SMB, maybe they'll have SMB 2 or 3 support in next gen players. Using a Synology NAS requires Mono, which Synology plans to phase out too at some point.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Has anyone experienced any issues with Zappiti Video where new content fails to scan metadata such as the duration of the episode/movie, or the MediaInfo is missing such as codec, audio format, number of audio channels, video frequency, framerate etc.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for the information, I went for the Zappiti One and it is now set up, scanning went reasonably well, few unidentifiable files (but mostly down to issues with my naming).

I am having one problem though, when playing videos back the image is very stretched vertically with the top and bottom cut off, this is the same if I use the explorer app or the video app and is the same whatever the aspect ratio of the source material. It doesn’t seem to be fixable by changing the aspect ratio of my screen, as it seems that signal output from the Zappiti is missing the top and the bottom. The main menus of the Zappiti are fine but if I bring up on screen info during playback, say by pressing fast forward, then that is cut off at the top of the screen. I’ve looked through the settings and can’t find anything, overscan settings look fine (and it is way more than overscan, the stretch is like watching an anamorphic disc on a 4:3 screen). Any suggestions anyone?

Actually I realise now that the image goes of the edges of the screen as well, but the vertical stretch is worse. If I press menu during playback I can see a very thin strip of the menu down the left side of the screen, but I can’t actually see the options on it. So the image is stretched both ways, just more so vertically as I can see the distortion of the image.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When you change the aspect ratio on your screen, is that via the TV itself or through the Zappiti menu while playing the content? Unfortunately in more recent versions they stopped auto-adjusting aspect ratio, so you have to manually go into the menu while playing content and adjust it from there.

If that's what you've already done and the overscan calibration all checks out, I'm not sure.

3661 - 3680 of 3709 Posts