AVS Forum banner

3761 - 3780 of 3793 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
I think something is happening on their end with the API's or something. I just added 1 new TV show, 10 episodes. It took 25 minutes. Something is definitely off, log a ticket and see what they say. I'm logging one now.

·
Registered
Marantz SR 7009/Anthem MXR 720; GE Triton 3; GE Supercenter XXL; GE SuperSat 3; GE SuperSub XXL
140 Posts
I think something is happening on their end with the API's or something. I just added 1 new TV show, 10 episodes. It took 25 minutes. Something is definitely off, log a ticket and see what they say. I'm logging one now.
I did that in the morning and they got back to me fairly quick saying that they aren't aware of any problems but they would check...

In the meantime, something weird is happening:
If I turn on the TV after I turn the on Zappiti, I get no image.
So, in order to everything to work correctly, I turn ON the TV and the AVR first, and then the Zappiti.

Problem is if I need to turn the TV OFF... If I do thatm, when I turn it ON again, I get no image... the only solution is to turn the Zappiti OFF and ON again... bummer...
If I turn the OFF AVR and then ON, no issue at all.
So this narrows it down to the TV (right?)

If I access the Zappiti from my PC it's visible and I can manage files, create/edit collections, etc..., so it's not in some kind of sleep mode or anything like that.
Already tried to change a bunch of settings on the zappiti and on the TV, but no luck...

What are your suggestions?
Cheers

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have added the Netflix TV series "The One" to my collection, the zappiti sees it and it plays in explorer but finds nothing when it does a search and tells me it has 8 episodes to identify. I have gone into the identify mode, searched for the correct series (there are two named "The One" and there are no alternative titles) but although it finds the publicity/title picture it cannot find any information and ends with nothing to show for the search. I have never had this happen before and I have several hundred TV and films in my collection. Anyone have any ideas as to what is going on?

·
Registered
Marantz SR 7009/Anthem MXR 720; GE Triton 3; GE Supercenter XXL; GE SuperSat 3; GE SuperSub XXL
140 Posts
Hi guys!
Elements ID up and running smoothly again

·
Registered
74 Posts
Hello. can anyone help me? How do I adjust the sound? It seems to me that the sound on my Zappiti One is not as it used to be. The bass is weaker. I play it through the Marantz receiver. Compared to the OPPO clone, the sound in the same film cannot even be compared !!! Do I have something wrong set up? I play movies through NAS Synology.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello. can anyone help me? How do I adjust the sound? It seems to me that the sound on my Zappiti One is not as it used to be. The bass is weaker. I play it through the Marantz receiver. Compared to the OPPO clone, the sound in the same film cannot even be compared !!! Do I have something wrong set up? I play movies through NAS Synology.
What does your audio settings say in the Zappiti?

Also what does the info from the Marantz say?

Sendt fra min SM-G986B med Tapatalk

·
Registered
490 Posts
all, need some help with my new Zappiti One 4K which i received today.
I am playing war of the lords 4K movie but not seeing any subtitle.is there a way i can somehow download or make the subtitle available?
much appreciated if someone can help me with steps please

·
Registered
140 Posts
all, need some help with my new Zappiti One 4K which i received today.
I am playing war of the lords 4K movie but not seeing any subtitle.is there a way i can somehow download or make the subtitle available?
much appreciated if someone can help me with steps please
Is it a remux? Or a full ripped BD?

If it's the first, IF you already created a collection, in Zappiti Video, you just have to press the Menu button and search for the "Download subtitles" option.
Then, after starting the video, press the subtitles button on the remote and select them.

If it's the second, doing this won't work.

If you're accessing the movie through Zappiti Explorer, then you have to have the previously downloaded subtitle in the directory of the movie, both with the same name (again, if it is a ripped BD, it won't work).
Start the movie, press subtitles button, select them

·
Registered
490 Posts
Is it a remux? Or a full ripped BD?

If it's the first, IF you already created a collection, in Zappiti Video, you just have to press the Menu button and search for the "Download subtitles" option.
Then, after starting the video, press the subtitles button on the remote and select them.

If it's the second, doing this won't work.

If you're accessing the movie through Zappiti Explorer, then you have to have the previously downloaded subtitle in the directory of the movie, both with the same name (again, if it is a ripped BD, it won't work).
Start the movie, press subtitles button, select them
thanks. let me explore this

·
Registered
490 Posts
More clarifications pls.
in the process of setting up my new Zappiti One 4K player.
Say, i have kept this inside my rack and wanted to know how you guys are actually managing everytime connecting a Hard drive to it or whatever as USB ports are in backside and bit challenging.
Any other best ways how we can make the downloaded movies available?
Say, if i have to set up a NAS (which i see as cost effective and best solution), how do i start exactly? appreciated if there are any steps or sequence?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have just bought a Zappiti One 4K HDR. This was bought to replace my Dune HD Base 3D which can't play HEVC video files. I'm starting to regret the purchase. I play a lot of homemade 'family' videos and photos. I use an internal hard drive that I sync to my computer. I have several issues and am hoping someone could help me with:

1. When viewing photos (via explorer mode), ALL the photos are rotated to landscape orientation to 'fill' the TV screen. Even if I manually rotate photos on the PC using ACDSee to portrait orientation, they still get rotated by Zappiti so lots of my images are 90 deg out when viewed on the Zappiti! I can't find any setting on he Zappiti to allow me to stop it rotating photos. On the computer it keeps the orientation but the Zappiti will make every image in landscape regardless of the orientation of the camera taking the photo. The Dune doesn't do this.

2. How can I view chapter names in mkv video files? I view my videos in explorer mode because most my videos are homemade family vids. On the Dune I can press the "popup menu" button and it will show chapter names and I can then select a chapter to go to. I use MKVMerge to add chapter files to an mp4 file giving me an mkv file with chapters. Works a treat on the Dune.

3. Is there are way to add certain folders to a startup (favorites) screen? I have an internal hard drive but I get these other random folders added to the root folder by Zappiti and it's cumbersome navigating to my photos and homemade videos. Again, the Dune is much easier to navigate through.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would have any tips for this issue-

I have an SDR 1080p projector and have just purchased a Zappiti for the HDR to SDR 4K setting. However, all HDR 4K files using this setting have extreme black crush. I used the 4K test patterns from the Video menu, and on the brightness test no squares are visible at all. Is there any way to adjust this setting to increase brightness? Changing the brightness on the projector and the Zappiti does nothing so it seems baked in.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hello, I was wondering if anyone would have any tips for this issue-

I have an SDR 1080p projector and have just purchased a Zappiti for the HDR to SDR 4K setting. However, all HDR 4K files using this setting have extreme black crush. I used the 4K test patterns from the Video menu, and on the brightness test no squares are visible at all. Is there any way to adjust this setting to increase brightness? Changing the brightness on the projector and the Zappiti does nothing so it seems baked in.
It's very tricky and not very intuitiv, if I remember correctly many related settings needs to be on auto. And I think you have to restart the box for a setting to take, so try one setting at a time and see what works. You can probably find a good combination of settings further back in this thread also.

·
Registered
24 Posts
FYI a new version of Zappiti Video is out. Trailers/bonus content is fixed thanks to a Youtube API correction.

Biggest change is TVDB is out, TMDB is now used for TV identification. If you've used TMDB before you'll know there's a serious discrepancy in the amount of artwork available than TVDB, so be prepared.

3761 - 3780 of 3793 Posts