AVS Forum banner

141 - 160 of 3475 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
What's the framerate of your videos?
I have different framerates for my videos and I tried all of them. I was thinking about how the framerate of the videos itself would yield varying results but it didn't matter what framerate, the blackouts happens. As soon as I turned the auto framerate off problem was solved.

·
Registered
791 Posts
A user from AVForums have confirmed that the issues where subtitles come on by default and also where the first character on some subtitles is missing are now fixed in the latest media center update (beta).

Anyone else tried it yet?

·
Registered
73 Posts
Sounds very strange. Does your TV report a different framerate when auto framerate is activated vs deactivated?
There would probably be a developer setting somewhere but I haven't tried it.

·
Registered
866 Posts
A user from AVForums have confirmed that the issues where subtitles come on by default and also where the first character on some subtitles is missing are now fixed in the latest media center update (beta).

Anyone else tried it yet?
Subs still defaulting to on for me even under the bets.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Has anyone tried using Kodi/SPMC on the Zappiti 4K HDR? I have installed both but couldn't get them to work in 4K. The resolution is somehow limited to 1080p (option to set it is greyed out). Also, has anyone figured a way to put Zappiti in proper standby? I use the top button on their remote, as per the manual said, to place it on standby instead of turning it off but the network access (SMB) for my external USB hdd does not work with it supposedly on standby. Greatly appreciate your thoughts and any help! TIA.

·
Registered
517 Posts
Has anyone tried using Kodi/SPMC on the Zappiti 4K HDR? I have installed both but couldn't get them to work in 4K. The resolution is somehow limited to 1080p (option to set it is greyed out). Also, has anyone figured a way to put Zappiti in proper standby? I use the top button on their remote, as per the manual said, to place it on standby instead of turning it off but the network access (SMB) for my external USB hdd does not work with it supposedly on standby. Greatly appreciate your thoughts and any help! TIA.
I have a 1080 p display. All I can say, is that you have to put manually your frame rate, and I not managed to get 5.1 sound using Kodi. Picture is softer. But then the native player, sharpens too much to my taste and u have to cut contrast a bit down....

·
Registered
135 Posts
What did the recent upgrade to Zappi Explorer fix?
I been setting up my zappiti one and i have a question about the movie art. I see in the demo there are different ways to set this up. Right now mine is displaying 2 rows but in the picture it shows 3 & 4 rows. How do i set this up?

·
Registered
135 Posts
You need to go into the settings of the jukebox. Have a look at the pictures in my review (see signature) in order to see where exactly this option is.
I looked at your review on the zappiti player. I have the zappiti one 4k & when i am in the media center i don't see the option to change my 2 row to anything else. If i am missing something sorry to be ignorant on this.Just setting up & playing with different options for the best i can get. So far i am impressed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Does anyone know how to add categories to the film section (like drama, cult, etc...). The instructions in the booklet make it seem like there should just be a category button at the top and there isn't in mine. I am using the latest firmware

·
Registered
866 Posts
I looked at your review on the zappiti player. I have the zappiti one 4k & when i am in the media center i don't see the option to change my 2 row to anything else. If i am missing something sorry to be ignorant on this.Just setting up & playing with different options for the best i can get. So far i am impressed.
When you are somewhere in Zappiti Media Center click menu. On the left there will be a settings option. The are a number of items and in one of them is the ability to change the number of lines. Three works best for me.

·
Registered
3,224 Posts
Actually, Brajesh, this is a copy from the Zidoo website. It (the writing) was just copied/pasted by Zappitti, which I find a bit distasteful. There is also some discrepancies with the Zappitti write-up. Stupid from them to do a copy/paste as some of the very unique features written into the Zidoo hardware they claim as their own, which it is not. The Zippitti (like NexBox, R-Box and many more) is a fly-by-night company and will not be there in a couple of months to assist in the hardware. If you really want to see who is supporting their devices, just go to the manufacturer's website and forum to see what is happening. Zidoo is of such a proud stable they do not even apply censorship to negative reviews. They just work harder to disprove negativity!

Facts:
  • I have been in contact with Zidoo and Zidoo has no connection with Zappitti company.
  • All Zappitti firmwares is a copied/pirated release of Zidoo's firmware.
  • Zidoo are one of the few companies who not only works very hard at delivering timorous releases of updates into the market, but also have a huge beta-testing user-base, making for some of the best, if not the best after-market supported devices.
  • Zidoo does not condone piracy...
As a last point, I am from South Africa and have no ties with the Zidoo company, other than using their products.

regards from a hot Cape Town
Aubrey (aka cyber7)
Zappiti, with all their flaws, is certainly not a fly by night company. They've been around for at least a decade now and will most likely be around for another.

·
Registered
791 Posts
The Zippitti (like NexBox, R-Box and many more) is a fly-by-night company and will not be there in a couple of months to assist in the hardware.
Not true at all!
Sound to me like you had a bad experience with Z and now you're trying to discredit them.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Zappiti, with all their flaws, is certainly not a fly by night company. They've been around for at least a decade now and will most likely be around for another.
Well i finally got my movies to display 3 rows. Thank you for your help. I found this when i was in the movies. I hit the menu button on the remote/settings/look to your left & you will see settings there. Click on it & brings up option that says 2 rows, click on it & gives you options. Starting to figure this out. Manual doesn't give in deep detail. Learned how to delete movies, re identify, rename.INTERESTING!

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Exactly! Zappiti has been around for quite some time now. I would love to know where he gets his "facts" from.

·
Registered
179 Posts
HDMI input doesn't work for me. Besides recording there is also a PIP function. Unfortunately, the player always reports "no input signal".

Hdmi In need a fix and shoud work
Maybe a bit out of topic here but still
I decided to do some experiment hoping to find something that could be useful
To improve Hdmi in
So
After my Zappiti arrival I did some experiment with hdmi in and here is the info about what I found
For this –this time*** I dint’t linked the player to a 4k tv –that will be done next. For now I just used
1- 1 regular hd 1080 p (& 1080 24 capable) sony tv
2- 1 oppo 95 Br player (hdmi 1,4a)
3- 1 regular cable tv box capable of only 1080\50
4- 1 regular DVD player yhamah capable of only 1080\50\60i
5- 1 denon 3930 DVD player capable of 1080p
6- 1 denon av amp (1,3 hdmi )
* Zappiti 4k player hdmi out to TV thru denon
**(I guess that’s one of the reasons why in its settings only appeared resolutions for standard & hd till 1080p the other the TV itself being limited to regular 1080p)
*** (for now because next time I will use my 4k tv and my 4k cable TV box)
Results
1-All devices were accepted fine but not the oppo. Image of oppo menu or movie shown
on TV was greener than green – incompatible !
Funny because this was the only 1.4a hdmi device there besides the Zappiti !...
2- Cable TV box
2.1-just passing the signal thru the denon “direct” to TV
2.2 – Using denon setting for resolution
a) 2.1-results were better = the image issues were a bit less noticeable
b) Setting 1080 p for output from 1080i TV box gave the worst results in motion.
Completely inacceptable for a football game or movies
c) Setting box TV to 720p:
C1- setting 1080i in Zappiti output resolution gave better image than c2 but (still inacceptable)
C2-- setting 1080p in Zappiti output resolution gave better image than 1080i input signal
(Still inacceptable)
C3- setting 720p in Zappiti output resolution gave the best image
-almost acceptable for moves and TV
- Not so: to football\ sports with lots of motion but much better than with 1080i sources

First I thought: well it likes progressive inputs and dislikes interlaced .
If it was just that I wouldn’t be writing this.
After doing same with the other devices I realized this: (the important part of this mg)
1-the info about resolution that appears at the bottom of TV it is about the signal in i Zappiti
2- When the input was 1080 50 or 60i regardless the device (TV box \ DVD players)
The info always shown 1080 25 I and it should be 108050i
So the hdmi in app has this malfunction interpretation
I think the image issues with standard hd material are due to this bad interpretation of the input signal if that one is interlaced and not progressive
Can this help the improvement of hdmi in ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Facts:
  • I have been in contact with Zidoo and Zidoo has no connection with Zappitti company.
  • All Zappitti firmwares is a copied/pirated release of Zidoo's firmware.
  • Zidoo are one of the few companies who not only works very hard at delivering timorous releases of updates into the market, but also have a huge beta-testing user-base, making for some of the best, if not the best after-market supported devices.
  • Zidoo does not condone piracy...
As a last point, I am from South Africa and have no ties with the Zidoo company, other than using their products.

regards from a hot Cape Town
Aubrey (aka cyber7)
Guys, i can't tell about Zappiti, but as an owner of X9S i suggest all of you to visit Zidoo official Forum and just count words like "issue, dont work, fix, problem, bug" etc. Do it just to prove this gentleman from hot cape town is a professional liar or hired endorser, wich speaks like ads poster on exhibition. No facts.
So if someone decide to buy zidoo in favor of Zappiti or something else, please read my honest Zidoo X9S review in corresponded thread.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Guys, i can't tell about Zappiti, but as an owner of X9S i suggest all of you to visit Zidoo official Forum and just count words like "issue, dont work, fix, problem, bug" etc. Do it just to prove this gentleman from hot cape town is a professional liar or hired endorser, wich speaks like ads poster on exhibition. No facts.
So if someone decide to buy zidoo in favor of Zappiti or something else, please read my honest Zidoo X9S review in corresponded thread.
There is this old film called Billy Liar. I assumed that the guy was him come back to life.

I don't know whether there is some sort of Raspberry award for the most fictions and ridiculous post of 2017 but he is an early front runner and has my vote in the bag.

I owned the Zidoo X9S for one weekend in December and it was a dog. The Zappiti just works. As they say in Essex, England: End of.

141 - 160 of 3475 Posts